Injector Cleaner

Meine

TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon TDI
I want to run some Injector Cleaner through my tdi , it has had weak fuel pressure going up hill and I just changed the fuel filter. Is there any perticular brand that works better with Bio?

BioDiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 Jetta
"it has had weak fuel pressure going up hill "

Where did you measure the fuel pressure?

Why did you ask this question in the biodiesel forum?

You might want to also check the in-tank fuel sending unit.
It may be clogged.

Last edited:

Meine

TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon TDI
"it has had weak fuel pressure going up hill "
Where did you measure the fuel pressure? it only seems to lose power going up hill, it runs fine on straight aways and down hill.

Why did you ask this question in the biodiesel forum? I've been running b100 for the last 20k and figured this would be the place to find out if anyone was running injector cleaner through with their bio, does it mix together ?

BioDiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 Jetta
"if anyone was running injector cleaner through with their bio"

Most bd users report that bd IS injector cleaner ( and fuel system cleaner ).
[Many Minnesota truckers reported plugging filters after just using a few thousand gallons of 2% biodiesel.]
In my memory, no one has found it necessary to use an injector cleaner while running high percentage bd.

I agree with runonbeer, you have a power problem.
Check the TDI FAQ.

Last edited:

MethylEster

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5. Red, 5 Spd
Try unplugging your MAF and see if it runs better. If it does then most likely it is a bad MAF and it will need to be replaced.

Have you had your intake checked to see if there is a large amount of carbon build up ???

macinco

TDI
1997 B4 Sedan
Try all the advice adbove.. but, Bio or no.... it certainly will do no harm to run some cleaner through. Moly Lube diesel purge (straight). Search for it, there is a thread that explains how to remove both the feed and the return to/from the IP into a straight jar of diesel purge. (It takes a while to use it up). If you are looking for a tank additive, i would go with BG 244K (the name is something like that, it is specific for diesels, and it is like ~$40 to treat a tank, try a NAPA to find it locally). Lots of people say good things about the BG product as a tankful additive, but it it no substitute for diesel purge. Do both. Use the BG product when you don;t think you will use up your tank right away. If the tank 9treated with BG lasts a long time, it has more "time of residence/contact" and works miore/better.

The guys above are right though. (sounds like you might have other issues also.)