'06 jetta went in for repairs already...

inibara

TDI
06 jetta tdi platinum grey 2000 jetta tdi green
\'06 jetta went in for repairs already...

the wife was driving and the glow plug light came on flashing as well as the brake pad wear warning light...car lost most of its power...after being shut down for a few minutes and restarted things would be ok for about 2 miles then the same thing all over...took it to the auburn, wa dealership and they have it now...will update as soon as i know something...only 1014 miles...i am not liking this already...almost $30000 and it cant make it more than a 1000 miles before i need a loaner...i hope this is not a sign of things to come...

06DubNut

TDI
06 Jetta
Re: \'06 jetta went in for repairs already...

That sucks man, I just bought an 06 too so I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Good luck getting it fixed.

KellerJetta

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta white

I took my '06 in because when playing music that is bass heavy, the rear door panel was vibrating. They took the outer door shell off and noticed that it was coming in direct contact with the door metal. The gasket between the outer door shell and the door itself was not wide enough. They corrected it and now the vibration is gone. No squeaks or rattles in my car. My car never did have the infamous speaker rattle that others have complained about

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI

We've only had ours for a couple days now....Only thing really wrong is the Speedo reads 4mph hi at 75mph, when compared to a gps. We'll get that fixed; want to maximize warranty coverage (just being anal).

I also went over the car with the new 'truck' checklist form thedieselstop.com. Found no other issues.

Tony

StElmo

Veteran Member
TDI
'08 Ram 2500 6.7; '15 Golf SportWagen

We've only had ours for a couple days now....Only thing really wrong is the Speedo reads 4mph hi at 75mph, when compared to a gps. We'll get that fixed; want to maximize warranty coverage (just being anal).
Not by VW you won't. Spend the next week reading all the threads in this forum and you'll glean a wealth of knowledge from many topics already discussed.

inibara

TDI

UPDATE: the car blew 2 codes...the throttle position switch 4 times and the glow plug relay once...the VW tech was able to make it happen again on startup...he feels the two things are unrelated so the common issue must be the grounding...something about a tsb that states the grounding point on some cars may not have been properly prepped...he was happy with his diagnosis until i told hime these issues didnt occur during start up and the heavy amp load...they occured after the car was at temp and driving...hes going to test drive it today...VWoA had not heard of this happening yet...i dont like being first...will update again when i know more...btw the loaner passat is a gas hog

inibara

TDI

conclusion: faulty ground from the factory...lets hope that was the case...so for now this case is closed...rastafari

aj164

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta DSG pkg2

Do you know where the location of that ground point is? I would like to just have a look at mine. Did they install a new part or just clean/tighten it?

Thanks,
Adam

aj164

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta DSG pkg2
aj164 said:
Do you know where the location of that ground point is? I would like to just have a look at mine. Did they install a new part or just clean/tighten it?

Thanks,
Adam
OK - I found three grounds under the hood: One main ground for the negative battery cable, and two just below the fuse box. All of them appear to be posts coming out of the sheet metal and secured by acorn nuts. The acorn nuts are painted the same color as the car. I will (later) loosen the one where the battery cable attaches and see if it's bare metal under there (as it should be).

kid_A

TDI
Golf, 05, Silver
I just experienced the same issue with the glow plug light flashing on my 06 Golf. However, my glow plug light quit flashing on its own after another 15 miles. By the way, I'm at 21,000 miles already. Is there a recall on this or are we in the minority here? Just phishing for some advice.

Thanks,
Kid

wjdell

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG PKG 1 17" VV Campy White/Beige
aj164 said:

Thanks,
Adam
Ya see all that worry for nothing - you will probably never have any more problems - The people south of the border left a chicken bone in my tail light.
It was my only drawback about the VW - Mexico - I just hope the Germans have enough people down there to get it built decent

njkayaker

Veteran Member
wjdell said:
Ya see all that worry for nothing - you will probably never have any more problems - The people south of the border left a chicken bone in my tail light.
Really? It might be some sort of pagan blessing!

jrivers804

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1998, White
njkayaker said:
Really? It might be some sort of pagan blessing!
This reminds me of something I saw over 20 years ago. I was on my first submarine, that's important, the silent service and all. This was my first boat and I was very junior, but their was a sound getting into the water which was traced to the shaft. Well various petty officers worked on it, but to no avail. Then the sound just went away. Well, a day or so later, one of the chiefs, found some chicken bones hanging over the shaft. Seems one of the guys working on the problem thought he'd try that, and coincidental or not, the sound went away. But that chief went "balistic" when he found the "solution."

XJGrl

Veteran Member
TDI
In market for 2006 Jetta TDI
inibara said:
UPDATE: the car blew 2 codes...the throttle position switch 4 times and the glow plug relay once...the VW tech was able to make it happen again on startup...he feels the two things are unrelated so the common issue must be the grounding...something about a tsb that states the grounding point on some cars may not have been properly prepped...he was happy with his diagnosis until i told hime these issues didnt occur during start up and the heavy amp load...they occured after the car was at temp and driving...hes going to test drive it today...VWoA had not heard of this happening yet...i dont like being first...will update again when i know more...btw the loaner passat is a gas hog
Good luck. That's all I'm gonna say about that. :confused:

10-cc

TDI
Jetta TDI 2006 Platinum Gray
I just had the same problem this morning; after driving for 10 miles the glow plug light started to flash and at the same time no power over 30000rpm. I then made a stop shut down the engine. Came back later 10 min, everything back to normal, no flashing glow plug and full power over 3000rpm.
Anybody know what might be the cause?

Thanks in advance.