BANNED SUBJECT LIST: DSE, biofuelBasics, H2, non-taxed fuel, etc

Should Global Warming/Climate be a banned subject here?

• Yes, please!

Votes: 31 53.4%
  • No, eyes wide open!

Votes: 27 46.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PLP

TDI
06 beetle
Well, guess I got my answer. I just saw the website and thought I'd ask. I have been running B100 in my 06 Beetle but when I moved to CA from Maui, I could not find a source in the Mojave Desert near Twentynine Palms. Thanks you all!

William J Toensing

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 TDI Jetta "value edition" 4 door
Thank you for this info. I too, have wondered about "Diesel Secret" promoted on late nite TV. I also have wondered about these HHO hydrogen generators that can substantially increase your MPG, gas or diesel. I think I have the truth now although I suspected this before. "If it is to good to be true, it probably is".

wair

TDI
2006 jetta
jet A

I occasionally have access to jet A fuel, does anyone have a formula to add a lubricant to the fuel so it can be safely used in the turbo jetta?

Windjammer

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 & Mk5
I occasionally have access to jet A fuel, does anyone have a formula to add a lubricant to the fuel so it can be safely used in the turbo jetta?
Seriously? Did you see the title of this thread?
Jet A would be a non taxed fuel.

wair

TDI
2006 jetta
Yes I understand banned subjects. With the cost of Jet A (with lots of taxes added) but it can't be reinstalled in aircraft. Do you just have a very large bon-fire or try to put it to some use? Don't want to ruffle feathers, just trying to find a use for the waste fuel.

darkscout

Grammar Scout
TDI
2003 Golf
Seriously? Did you see the title of this thread?
Jet A would be a non taxed fuel.
Airports would make great drag strips. He's using it for non-road use only just like everyone that makes changes to their EGR, DOT headlights, DOT taillights, exhaust system, etc....

And I'm really shocked at the lack of information in the WVO and Home Brew threads on how they make sure that their fuel doesn't qualify as 'non-taxed'.

thereverend

TDI
JETTA TDI
Well i am not a salesman for DSE, I did post something asking if anyone used it.. As i am a entry level diesel person and looking for some type of BIO fuel that was easy to make without buying $1000's of dollars of equipment. I guess from what i see here DSE is a joke and should not be used..

Alexthe2nd

TDI
2003 VW Golf TDI
I dont understand why "hho" is banned, when the Taiwan company EPOCH won the International Energy Globe Award 2010 for it. check it out its legitimate.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Just because someone gave someone else an award, doesn't legitimize it. All it means in this case is that the organization issuing the award either doesn't know what they are talking about (most likely), or has a vested interest (possible ...).

Keith_J

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta MT
Hydrogen is a poor fuel for any internal combustion engine, period. It has a low ignition point which might seem good for a diesel but how are you going to inject a gas into a diesel engine? Compressing a gas for precise injection is difficult, diesel is relatively non-compressible.

Second, the wide range between the lower and upper flammability limits means it cannot be mixed with intake air, otherwise it will destroy the engine.

All of the claims of a small concentration of hydrogen improving "combustion" are without any merit. All the claims that this small concentration increases the thermodynamic efficiency is pure ignorance of thermodynamics. The idea that hydrogen helps ignores the fact that these engines are fueled by HYDROcarbons. There is already hydrogen in the fuel, it is just weakly bound to carbon which makes it usable in an engine.

eigerzoom

TDI
BEW
you wont see me spam the forums with magic this & that
but i have to step up and defend hydrogen as a viable fuel option
first...a catalyst is not necessary to split water into h & o
what is required is pulsed energy at a specific frequency and the reaction is large

submarines can provide oxygen enough for a large crew and remember that there is twice as much hydrogen when split from water...subs expel all this back into the ocean
ratheon builds the electrolysis units for subs and knowing someone who works there i have been told they have fueled a hummer with one of the units providing the gas on demand....thats not stored or compressed...just a live reaction from water
while there are obstacles to reliability and safety, its extremely naive to kick out the most abundant substance in the universe, that powers stars, from our options as a power source into the human future

all the planned missions to other planetary bodies will rely on frozen ice under the surface to maintain life support and fuel
be it mars or the moon...its all about hydrogen
just sayin

Last edited:

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Alrighty then. As someone who actually served aboard one of those submarines (USS Ohio, SSBN 726 1991-1993) I can say with certainty that the hydrogen/oxygen electrolysis separation takes more energy than you can get back by combusting it.

Yes homers, the US Navy even has to obey the laws of physics.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Alternative fuels are not the problem. At all. Snake oil that DO NOT WORK and substances that will kill your engine, destroy the environment, pose a direct health hazard or circumvent relevant laws and regulations ARE.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Alternative fuels are not a taboo subject. There is a whole forum here devoted to alternative fuels (like Biodiesel). What is against the rules is talking about bogus alternative fuels. These are basically scam fuels, things that promise the world and deliver nothing but problems. This site has nothing against legal (and legitimate) alternative fuels, it is the useless and/or illegal ones that are banned subjects.

Have Fun!

Don

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
The reason that snake-oil discussions are not permitted here is simple: we do not wish this place to become the home of crackpots and snake-oil salesmen, as has happened to many other places on the internet. When that happens, it becomes too hard for anyone to separate fact from fiction.

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
Well, with 87 posts already in the thread a poll has just been added asking whether the subject of GLOBAL WARMING should be added to the banned subject list.

I voted to BAN the subject of global warming on the forum.

I did this because I believe that the subjects unfit for discussion here. Every time it comes up, it degenerates into name calling and worse. Bad feelings can result and potential friendships destroyed before they have a chance to develop.

If there were the least chance that any valuable information could be discovered by discussing the subject here, I would be all for 'discussing the heck out of it' but that is just not the case here on a car forum.

GW has developed a nearly religious fervor in both camps (pro and con) resulting in both camps saying silly things that remain in print on the net forever.

Bill

UFO

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle
It's not like people are starting threads on the subject, that's already off topic. But it is often part of the discussion of alternative fuels, and the reason why some choose to fuel with renewable fuel. If allusions to GW are banned, the conversations get narrow and context is left out.

It's too bad some feel the need to name-call. Any subject can be made divisive. Let's just try to stay OT, and maybe we won't have to censor contexts.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Bump-- please vote on the new poll to this banned topics thread: "Should Global Warming be a banned topic at Tdiclub?"

yakfish

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 MK4 Jetta Wagon TDI 5 Speed
I voted to NOT ban the the discussion of "global warming". I believe in the freedom of speech and as long as a post remains on topic every subject should be allowed IMO. I understand that sometimes when people are passionate about a subject their emotions get out of control and there goes the discussion. Why not just ban the name calling and any uncivilized discussion since that is where the real problem lies?

I may not agree with what you say but I will fight for you right to say it!

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
I am going to chime in here for a quick statement that the big issue with these electrolysis devices is the lack of separation of the gasses. not removing the o2 is where they all go wrong. this is eminent for any of it to work. if the o2 is separated then there can be a positive effect,
the question I have is it going to increase mpg or level out.

the reason I say this is the map/maf senses the added o2 and injects more fuel thus contradicting any possible benefit.

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
^ That's not the reason they don't work. DO NOT bother to respond. Read the whole thread - there are links to threads that fully explain why electrolysis systems don't work.

This is NOT up for discussion.