Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
Brand new on the lot:

First mods - retrofitted factory fogs and installed HIDs:

Rear spoiler and rear fog:

H&R sport springs:

HID fogs:

19x8.5 ET 48 Audi Y spoke wheels, 12mm front spacers, 15mm rear spacers, 235-40-19 Michelins:

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Looks mean.
Thank you - I'm very happy with it. I think I'm done playing with it for a little while other than getting the windows tinted. I waited so long on my Jetta that the miles really added up. It's got 200k on it and I just got the windows tinted and haven't installed the GLI springs yet. I decided not to wait on the Passat and enjoy it while it was new!

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
that looks great . Any plans for tint ?
Absolutely... As soon as it warms up a bit. I finally got my Jetta done last year. I bought it in '06 and kept putting it off. Not going to wait on this one.

I forgot one 'modification' I'll be doing soon - getting rid of the stupid green valve stem caps! :)

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Thank you all - I am very happy with this car :) Unfortunately, someone backed into the front corner of it the other day and left... Pretty pissed about it - have some leads, but probably won't be able to get anywhere with it. But - while the bumper is getting fixed, I might add the front spoiler from the factory body kit (debating the whole kit).
Like this near twin: (TeeDubbDizzle's car)

TomJD

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI GLS, 2015 Golf TDI
I really like that body kit. Factory kits from VW usually look very good and tasteful.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Picked it up from the body shop after having the bumper damage fixed and the lower lip spoiler installed. Gotta get some more decent pics.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I'm not sure on the tint. Just had my Jetta done last year and told him to do it as dark as he could get away with. It looks good so I'll probably do the same with the Passat. This time I'll pay attention to the percentage :)

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Still haven't gotten around to the tint - keep forgetting to make an appointment! Couple better pictures after a wash:
3 of the 4 black VWs (mom's Tiguan)... missing in this shot is my late son's 2000 2dr Golf 2.0

JonLla84

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium
Double stick tape (pre-applied to the spoiler). As long as it's applied to a clean surface, it won't go anywhere!
& when you ordered it, were you able to select a color? or you had to have it painted?

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
& when you ordered it, were you able to select a color? or you had to have it painted?
I ordered it on ebay already painted. It's $119 shipped: http://www.ebay.com/itm/330892182528?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Gforce does your car have a body kit on it if so where did you get it?? Beautiful car BTW!!
Thank you! It only has the VW accessory front lip spoiler. There is a full set that goes all the way around, but I didn't care so much for the rest. While I was having my body shop repaint my bumper I had them order the spoiler. They got it direct from the dealer and painted it for me. It can be ordered pre-painted. I'll add the part number info.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
In case anyone needs it:
Front spoiler 561071606GRU MSRP: $400.00 (EA) Online Price: $320.00
Side skirts 561071685GRU MSRP: $565.00 (EA) Online Price: $452.00
Rear spoiler 561071610GRU MSRP: $450.00 (EA) Online Price: $360.00

For all the painted versions, switch “GRU” with “041” - at least for black. I didn't check into other part numbers / colors. Painted was anywhere from $100 - $200 additional. It is also available as a 'kit' prepainted. http://keffervwparts.com/vwparts/?searchText=NPN071108&action=searchAllCatalogs&siteid=216177

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Any suspension mods or still stock? Those wheels look amazing on this car
H&R sport springs. The stock height was kinda 4x4ish :) Right now I still have the stock struts/shocks, but I'm in the process of shopping for some Konis. The stockers worked well enough for a couple thousand miles, but seem to be degrading quickly. Thanks! - I really do love these wheels... especially since I've never seen another car running them.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Forgot to update from last month:
Set of $18.50 ebay mudflaps:

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I really like the look of your TDI. Nothing like a clean, black vehicle.
Thanks! I love the black - I would have gotten the Opera Red if it was available in a manual trans, but black was my second choice... It's just that I've had several black cars/trucks already. My Jetta was starting to look 'old' - quite a bit more dull than when Jason had his pig fests. I guess I was neglecting it a bit and did so even more once I got the Passat - but it just got a full detailing (and the passenger side repainted) after the rust warranty replacement of the front fender so I'm enjoying it again. Two very different cars and I love driving both of them!

whizznbyu

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen 6 speed manual. B5 died at 302k miles.
If you're still thinking about tint. look into something like 3M Crystalline. Keeps the interior temps really cooler than regular tint

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
If you're still thinking about tint. look into something like 3M Crystalline. Keeps the interior temps really cooler than regular tint
I am still planning on tint. Took me something like 7 years to get the Jetta tinted :)

Three minor updates.... Got the recall for the warmup time improvement a couple weeks ago - much better with the hesitations these cars have. One of the Chinese mudflaps broke in the cold (snow) - ordered a pair of front OEM flaps from ECS.

Lastly - been wondering how long the initial fill of Adblue would last (I did the 10k and 20k services). Well - today at 20368 miles the 1500 mile warning kicked on. Guess I'll build it in to the 20k services for now.