2003 Jetta GL TDI Wagon - "The Schwagon"

b166er

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Bone stock ALH TDI motor. Purchased with 200k on the ODO. Plan to put another 200k on it. My new daily driver. I learned to drive in a wagon. Was first pulled over in a wagon. Happy to finally own my first VAG wagon and a TDI to boot.

Short term plans are to just detail it and see what I have. I have extensive maintenance records to go through. Get it on a lift and check out the brakes, wheel bearings, suspension, etc. Check out the intake system too. The drivetrain seems legit. The bay is beautiful. The EGR system looks clean. All hoses are new looking. Timing belt and water pump were last replaced at 180k. All new glow plugs, battery. It runs and drives like a TDI should. Tracks nicely and the economy is spot on (260 miles with 3/8's of a tank so far).

Took the hub caps off today, washed it, put the racks on it. Its in perfect winter mode right now.

Long term. Injectors, tune, suspension. Will have a freshly powder coated set of 17" Arietta's, DIY textured rubs, ecode spec headlights and maybe spend a little money cleaning up the rock chips on the front end. Also have black leather sport seats from my GF's 03 GTI with heat.

TomR

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen 02 Jetta red(gone), 1998 Jetta(gone), 1981 Rabbit dsl(gone)
Looks like a great find; congratulations and good luck!

b166er

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
I hate hubcaps. Just think plain steel wheels look better than hubcaps. These will become my dedicated winter wheels anyway.

snakeye

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta and Wagon, GLS 5sp
I hate hubcaps. Just think plain steel wheels look better than hubcaps. These will become my dedicated winter wheels anyway.
I do too, especially on the MK5 Jetta for some reason I can't explain...

How much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?

b166er

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
$7500

Got 43.5 MPG on the first 500 miles. 70-80mph on most of those miles. I guess thats not too bad, huh?

spartan

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat Wagon
Nice work, wagon looks great. Good price too, is it a 5 speed?