Going for buyback, to swap or not to swap parts?

wild03

Veteran Member
TDI
:(
Hi there,

I'm close to setting an appointment date for the buyback on my 09 jetta.

Question is, Do you think its worth swapping out:

Buzzken pipe with cat,
EGR delete AArod pipe
and flash ECU to factory?

I have all the parts and a Flashzilla with stage 0.5 and 2 malone tunes.

I could try to sell the Buzzken, EGR delete and Flashzilla. but are there buyers for these items? how much can they fetch?
Is the Flashzilla worth something with those tunes? or are the tunes VIN specific?

I have access to a shop with lift and I would be doing the work. I did the original swap a few years ago. Should I risk messing car up?

Thanks in advance

mz1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 GTD Stage III / 2015 Touareg TDI LUX Stage II
I would go the parts classified section and write "feeler" also tell your audience the buyback date and that parts are still on the car for possible take off before you return it and see if anyone is interested. By the way if you have any smaller parts easier to ship I may be interested ( examples : LED bulbs, Filters, Fuel additives and or USB double apex connector cables, aftermarket head unit...etc)....if any send me a PM...good luck

wild03

Veteran Member
TDI
:(
Spent the day swapping parts back to factory, a pain but car is running and ready for buyback in a few weeks. On the drive home it started its first REGEN in a long while :)

I'll miss it :(

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I blieve as soon as you put stock tune back on the car, the flashzilla can be used on another VIN, so you should be able to get $50-$70.

With the number of CJAA being "fixed" either by VW or by owners, there should be an infusion of cash/cars that will take the parts off of you.