Forum Problems

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
For the past 2 weeks, the forums/web page have been up and down like a yoyo, I appoligize for this. It seems to have been a number of different things.

Last week we were hit by a Denial Of Service (DOS) attack, and this week, the system was just getting overloaded. My guess is the overloading has come about from a bunch of people opening up new topics all at the same time. While it does make it easier to go through things, it can sometime bring the server to it's knees, so I ask that if you do indead need to do this (ie slow connections). Please limit it to one or two at a time.

thanks,

Fred

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
PS, I've upgraded to the latest version of the software as well today. Let me know if there are any problems with it.

Fred

DEZLBOY

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS, Candy White
OOPS....I just learned about the "open in new window" trick, but only have one extra window open at a time. Heck I can only read one word at a time. Definately will limit use of the new window.

Thanks for the alert Fred!

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
You can go back to that method now (within reason). I've got some measures in place now that the server won't get overloaded. If it does, it will give a server busy message now and keep the thing from overloading and dying!

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
Ahm, ya, it probably didn't help.
Once things get bogged down a bit, things start to escalate and get slower, etc, etc.

Eitherway, I've put some measures in now that will tell users if the system is too busy. Rather that than a server crash.