For Sale: 2009 Jetta TDI sedan 6MT

evoblade

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 VW Jetta TDI
Hello,
I am selling my 2009 Jetta TDI Sedan (MKV with CBEA 2.0L engine) with the 6 speed manual transmission. The car is located in Sterling, VA. There have been a few bumps along the road, but this car has been well cared for. Everything that has broken, I have fixed. The interior is in very good shape for the age (minor cracks on drivers seat, some fading, especially on rear speaker deck behind back seat). The exterior looks good for its age as well. Some minor dings and scratches. The most notable exterior flaw is the paint peeling on the driver's side rear door (covers B-pillar). This car did sit from November 2015 to July 2018, part of the time outdoors, and part garaged, because of the HPFP failure. It was moved frequently or on jack stands so the tires did not get flatspotted. It has been repaired and upgraded with the 2 Micron CP3 kit (includes additional 2 micron fuel filter). This has had the emissions fix from VW applied (as well as all other TSBs, such as fuel filler modification). Pictures are up. I know its hard to believe, but no CEL/MIL!
I purchased the car in April 2012 from Bill Jacobs VW, in Naperville, IL. It had 76,000 miles on it when purchased. 91% of the miles I put on it have been classified as highway miles. I kept track of almost every fill-up on fuelly.com. Since it was three years old with 76k miles, it is likely that those were mostly highway miles as well. This is proven out by the fact that I was still on the original clutch when the SMF conversion was done at ~187k miles and it might have the original brake pads. It passed VA state safety and emissions inspection.
The car was involved in one accident. It was rear ended in 2012. All affected body panels were replaced with OEM parts (had to wait a month for VW to cough up a new OEM trunk). The fit and finish of the repair is very good, no issues with alignment.

Asking $4500 OBO

KBB

Features
---
  • 6 speed manual transmission
  • Sunroof
  • rear spoiler
  • Premium Radio with 6 disc CD changer
  • 16" Alloy Wheels
  • (pretty sure these last two are standard with TDI models)
Mods
---
  • CP3 HPFP, replaced failure prone CP4.1
  • Two Micron Filter Kit
  • Dieselgeek Exhaust Manifold flap motor linkage kit
  • Oil pump drive hex shaft upgrade
  • Dual mass flywheel (DMF) to SMF upgrade
  • VW emissions fix
  • Torque to Yield (TTY) subframe mount bolts replaced with non-TTY bolts
  • Gorilla Gear trunk liner with 3 velcro attached item holders
  • WEATHER TECH deep floormats
Repairs
---
  • Exhaust Gas Temp Sensor 1 Feb 2019
  • Front drivers side CV joint Jan 2019
  • Engine Torque Mount (lower mount) replaced Jan 2019
  • Rear Passenger side wheel replaced September 2018
  • Minor tire air leak, TPMS sensor replace, and fuel door release switch replace September 2018
  • High pressure fuel pump - replaced by VW in approximately October 2014 and by me July 2018 (CP3 upgrade)
  • Air conditioning compressor - the old one worked but the RCV was exhibiting July 2018 delayed AC symptoms and the mechanic couldn't separate the two.
  • Replace glow plug / pressure sensor July 2018
  • Passenger side engine mount (replaced with SMF to DMF conversion) Sept 2015
  • DMF failure, replaced with SMF (kit included clutch slave cylinder and clutch) September 2015
Maintenance
---
  • Timing Belt / Water pump and coolant - 190,000 miles, due again at 310,000
  • Oil and Filter- 190,000 miles, due at 200,000
  • Tires - replaced Sep 2015, approximately 50% wear left, Michelin Defender
  • Brakes and Hydraulic Clutch bled - 190,000
  • Four wheel alignment and tire balance - 190,000
  • Single Mass Flywheel, Clutch, and Clutch slave cylinder - 187,000
Known Issues
---
  • Lower engine bay plastic cover missing (the one you remove when you change the oil), the good news is you can change the oil without messing with this.
  • Paint spot missing on driver's side rear door.

I'm being as open and honest as I can. If anything has been left out, its because I forgot. I haven't deleted any of my old posts here on the forums.

Last edited: