which rear axle beam bushings to go with?

bikerboyriley

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 golf 2 door
There seems to be quite a few options, I'm looking for the best option! What do you guys recommend ? for a mk4 golf.

and where should I order them from? idparts?bora?ecs?

03Springer

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GL+ 2013 A3 TDI
Do a search here and you will find many different opinions on upgraded (Seat Cupra) etc. or the stock bushings. From reading different threads here I have seen some people disapponted with the upgraded ones, two stiff, makes noise, rides rougher...... The stock replacememt ones should be fine. Your pick on which vendor, the two you have named are both top notch!

mlemorie

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta
Im waiting on my cupra ones from boraparts, wish I could give you an opinion on them. They were back ordered when I ordered them and I think they are still having trouble getting their order filled.

davebugs

Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI Automatic, MKIV rear axle bushing install tools
I get OEM or from Bora myself. I know folks get them from Idparts as well. I just happen to get some gasser stuff from Bora as well so other than a skid plate Bora or Metalman is who I've dealt with in the past. Actually I've purchased timing belt kits from DG, Metalman, and Bora. All are excellent folks and I hear good things about Idparts. All the vendors here seem decent.

I just had a set of the "upgrade" ones from Bora to make sure they'd work with my tool.

Frankly I think they may be too stiff for me.

As a comaprison I did the upgraded Audi TT LCA's and with my summer 17's they are a bit rough. Wish I would have gotten stock.

If your bushings are shot replacement will make a major difference. I'm not sure about an upgraded part for this application - for me. Especially with a low profile tire as far as ride quality.