MotorKote 100 -- What do you think??

jrbtdi

I found this product on the internet. Does anyone have any experience with it? Looks interesting and the tests are convincing. There is a write up on this site www.motorkote.com/analysis101.html about how to test oil performance. Many of the popular oils talked about on this forum don't really look that impressive during testing.

What do you guys think?

car54

theGAME
TDI
2002 Jetta
I think that guy is a total idiot... everybody knows that test isnt the only measure of what an oil does... He's living in a fantasy world.

It might not reduce friction that much more, but the synthetic will resist high temp coking in the turbo bearings, and thruout the motor.

Total and complete idiot.

I wonder why his product scored so incredibly well in the test... probably because he set the test! Not many people have access to this type equipment to backup his claims... and I personally think he is full of crap. First he talks about how this is undeniable proof that the less-than-a-dollar tranny fluid works just as well as redline synthetic tranny fluid is hysterical. I can notice a difference when its in my transmission,... I actually gained 1-3mpg consistently since a full trans fluid change... but maybe that would have happened with his certified tranny fluid.. LOL.

Synthetics are much better for several reasons.. lower pour point, better cold flow, higher quality.. several factors that cant be measured by that simple and useless test.

chance

Veteran Member
i read some where that household bleach will out perform motor oil on that bearing test? i've also seen several informurtials on slick 50, tuff oil, dura lube,and that other stuff.they have a lot of unanswered questions if you ask me. i see famous people getting a lot of money saying that they won the indy 500 with some stuff in their engine.slick 50 got sued by the atorney general.i used to buy a car and think that i would keep it for 15 years and get a million miles on it. but guess what, after 1-2 years i got bored and the car had problems. i would trade it in and the dilusion would start all over again.i know some people do keep their cars a long time and can't trade them in. do reqular maintence and get lucky.

jrbtdi

Originally posted by car 54:
I think that guy is a total idiot... everybody knows that test isnt the only measure of what an oil does... He's living in a fantasy world.

It might not reduce friction that much more, but the synthetic will resist high temp coking in the turbo bearings, and thruout the motor.

Total and complete idiot.

I wonder why his product scored so incredibly well in the test... probably because he set the test! Not many people have access to this type equipment to backup his claims... and I personally think he is full of crap. First he talks about how this is undeniable proof that the less-than-a-dollar tranny fluid works just as well as redline synthetic tranny fluid is hysterical. I can notice a difference when its in my transmission,... I actually gained 1-3mpg consistently since a full trans fluid change... but maybe that would have happened with his certified tranny fluid.. LOL.

Synthetics are much better for several reasons.. lower pour point, better cold flow, higher quality.. several factors that cant be measured by that simple and useless test.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It is a synthetic.

Quote: "Motorkote is a pure synthetic concentrated additive"

TooSlick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Audi 100S
The best stuff to run this machine is Pepsi, which contains quite a bit of phosphoric acid. When I was in High School the chemistry teacher used Pepsi to clean the tops of the lab tables. Maybe that's why she taught chemistry, eh?

Needless to say, the "One Armed Bandit" is useless.

WOOCHOW

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS-GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
Great stuff. I added one bottle to the cranckcase of my 1983 Yugo and never had to change or add oil again. The sucker ran for almost 700,000 miles. I recommend Motorcote for all vehicles and kitchen appliances, new or old.

[ December 12, 2002, 01:31: Message edited by: WOOCHOW ]

car54

theGAME
TDI
2002 Jetta
Originally posted by jrbtdi:
It is a synthetic.

Quote: "Motorkote is a pure synthetic concentrated additive"
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What the hell do you think Mobil Delvac-1 or Amsoil motor oil is? Dog poop? Its pure synthetic motor oil with Detergents and additives. Exactly what you need to make your engine last forever.

We dont need George W. Bush to realize that there is more to a motor oil than how "slippery" it is, which is what he is testing. There is so much more to a good oil, some of which is described in the TDIFAQ, and even more on oil manufacturers websites. Check out amsoils website, they have alot of technical info.

A fool and his money are easily seperated... or somthing like that...

Buy the motorkote. It will eliminate the friction between your fat wallet and your pants by thinning your wallet out a little! And the best part is, it probably wont do anything else!

Seriously, oil companies spend MILLIONS engineering oils. Look at how large Mobil is.

The only photos of Motorkote show somebodys basement with a bunch of motor oil bottles. You think they are out engineering Mobil? Do you think Motorkote holds a super lubricant that Mobil, Chevron, Shell, Texaco, and Quaker state dont know about? Yeah... OK.