Fuel solenoid issue

holmenick

TDI
98 jetta
Hi guys I have a 98 Jetta TDI AHU I had a no start condiot a week ago I have been troubleshooting, I traced it to the fuel solenoid, jumpered it to the 12v positive side, it clicks and allows the car to start and drive in limp mode. I have continuity through the wiring harness to pin #53 and have disconnected the battery cables and ran a 12v jumper to pin #53( ECU disconnected of course) when I put the ring terminal for the fuel solenoid to the pump it arc'd indicating good circuit and had 12v, next I replaced the 109 relay no change. With the key on run I get .7v the ECU was from malone with their 3 bar map sensor and chip and ran fine for the last 90 days. I am stumped here thinking I have a bad ECU

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Any DTCs?

Just a guess but sounds like maybe the ignition switch (common). I would also do the lock housing too as those can be the cause of the bad switch.

And get good stuff, the China stuff is junk.

holmenick

TDI
98 jetta
Just one I cannot remember off the top of my head but it was a short or open for the fuel solenoid. When I looked up the code I will post it tonight when I am home

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
i dont know about all that, but i do know that my MK3 has a bad socket for the 109. i would inspect the sockets and board that those relays are plugged into. One of the pins was arched badly and corroded. I made it work in the end. not sure if this could cause that issue but worth a glance with a mirror on a stick!

holmenick

TDI
98 jetta
I will inspect that tonight I do appreciate the help, I have the following codes, which are strange coolant sensor reads the gauge right, and in VCDS, the glow plug light comes on when you key on

0750- warning lamp open or short to ground intermittent
01237 fuel shutoff valve (N109) also short or intermittent.
0522- coolant tempature sensor open or short to plus

01269 commencement of injection valve N108 open or short to ground
1050 glow plug monitoring
00532 supply voltage b+
00626 glow plug indicator light