Lug bolts for 15mm adaptors

hmr_tym

TDI
'03 Golf
hey guys,

i've exhausted internet land. Hopefully someone has made this work.

I've bought 15mm adaptors (5x100 to 5x120). I cant use the stock lug bolts as the the head is to long. i need something that will sit within the 15mm adaptor.

Option #1 - Cut down stock lug bolts. I feel that if I cut down the head of the stock lug bolts that there will be little to no head left on it and i wont be able to torque it.

Option #2 - Purchase "short head" lug bolts. Something like these - http://www.urotuning.com/Wheel-Adapter-Bolts-Short-Head-14x1-5x26mm-p/c17d26tb.htm. I'm afraid these are to tall as well. Although I may be able to shave a few mm off the top. $50 experiment.

Option #3 - convert to studs with a conical open ended nut. As far as my searching goes this is my only option. I don't like it because the studs will be so short that i wont be able to use them for my winters. I'll be removing and installing studs everytime i change wheels.

Option #4 - forget about minimizing wheel poke and order thicker adaptors.

Option #5 - This is where you come in? Any ideas?

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Option #5 - Best option. Stop doing mods that could degrade the handling and safety of your car. Is your car slammed as well?

Last edited:

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The adapter sets I have come across came with bolts (usually Allens) and a tube of threadlocker for them.

Just so you know, they are an awful product in general. They really tax the wheel bearings and they often come loose, despite the use of threadlocker.

I would strongly advise against them.

Shello

TDI
2003 jetta 1.9
funny im in the exact same situation with my 15mm adapters. 42 draft sells hex lug bolts that will work

Last edited: