Mk4 skidplate options

Tbone17

TDI
Looking for a tdi
Recently bought a Mk4 Jetta and am looking for a skidplate for it. The stock plastic shield is in very poor condition and no sense putting a plastic one on again.

When looking I see there are a few different companies making them, some steel and others aluminum.

If buying used I’ll take what I can find but if buying new I’m not sure what route to go. Is there an advantage to one particular skidplate over another?

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Dieselgeek, it’s amazing the abuse they can take.

Intech

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, 1999.5 Golf 2 dr
Recently bought a Mk4 Jetta and am looking for a skidplate for it. The stock plastic shield is in very poor condition and no sense putting a plastic one on again.

When looking I see there are a few different companies making them, some steel and others aluminum.

If buying used I’ll take what I can find but if buying new I’m not sure what route to go. Is there an advantage to one particular skidplate over another?
I've got Evolution on all three of mine, and the have saved the engine on a couple of real bad hits

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I have an old DieselGeek one you could have for the cost of shipping if you want it. No use to me any more as I have a 2015 now. Tried to give it away locally before. I understand if you don't want to pay to ship it to Canada though.

Tbone17

TDI
Looking for a tdi
I have an old DieselGeek one you could have for the cost of shipping if you want it. No use to me any more as I have a 2015 now. Tried to give it away locally before. I understand if you don't want to pay to ship it to Canada though.
Sent you a pm

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Sorry it is for a 2011 and up Jetta after checking my old posts here. Wouldn't fit my Beetle or your car. Still trying to give it away. Reposted or popped my old thread just in case anyone wants it. Going to scrap it soon if no one does. Kind of a shame to see it wasted though.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
I'd suggest to get an Evolution skidplate
1.) I've had one on my 2002 Jetta and took a lot of abuse
2.) seeing you are in BC and so is Evolution, you can probably pick it up saving any shipping!