Phase 2 fixed... but new noise

TahoeKid

TDI
2015 Jetta, previously 2003 New Beetle
I just had my phase 2 (hardware fix) done yesterday on my 2015 Jetta TDI. Did not really notice until today there is a new and very loud vibration noise coming from under carriage near the rear of engine compartment.

Really annoying and loud when climbing a hill which is why I didn't notice yesterday. Anyone else run into this, or what it could be?

I'll take it back there but wondering if anyone else had this.

Other than the noise, I have noticed no difference in performance.. I can accelerate just as well as before onto the freeway. Not sure how it performs at 100mph but will find out on my next Vegas trip.

Last edited:

autdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 NB, 2003 NB, 2006 Touareg, 2015 Jetta, 2013 Beetle, 2013 Touareg
We are hearing a rattle under hard acceleration that seems to be in the passenger footwell area. It's heading back to get it addressed. It's a CPO bumper to bumper coverage, so shouldn't be too hard to get fixed. Other than the rattle, and it's not really a vibration feel, just the noise.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Have you checked underneath to make sure they reinstalled the sound barrier?

i'd bet they left the three large bolts off the belly pan and she's flapping around.

should be able to see it just looking under the car.

Also don't go triple digits before it's fixed

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
We also noticed a very strange noise coming from the car shortly after the phase 2 modification. (2015 Golf)

It turned out to be the white plastic heat shield that goes between the inner CV joint and the turbocharger. They had just barely finger tightened the two bolts that hold it on, so it had shifted so it was kind of flapping around and making all kinds of noise as it rubbed against the turning CV joint.

I fixed it myself because I was doing an oil change anyway.