What did you do to your car today?

TDI_Convert

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 5 sp., 2003, Silver/Grey Int.
We finished the Peloquin/clutch/5th gear install today. Total wrenching time 9 hrs for 2 guys. Now I should beg, borrow, or buy a cable type clamp wrench so I can install the upper IC pipe. The 5th gear dropped the rpm almost by 500 @ 80 mph, but I'm seeing about 50 to 100 degrees more on the EGT than before. Tomorrow's commute might tell more.

They are calling for rain tomorrow or Wed so I can see how the Peloquin works too. On my Jetta Wagon, the clutch definately has a softer pedal feel, and it engages at almost the same spot that the stock DMF clutch did - not low at all.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
Swapped out the rear axle bushings..

What a pain in the ass that was.. Do yourself a favour, get the bushings pressed in at a shop, it will save you so many hassles..

Next week the LCA and the front control arm bushings are going to be replaced with stock and TT units.

1inhiding

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW Black on Black, 6spd
Holy Cow, what haven't I done? Washed the exterior, washed the engine bay, vacuumed the interior, installed a CCV filter (thanks TDIWagon Guy!) and ordered my VagCom. All that's left is to install the skid plate...

MWVDUB

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI
I vacuumed out the interior, cleaned the engine bay, installed my freshly painted engine and battery covers, took out the rubber monster mats and put on the summer wheels.

Tommorow, wash, clay bar, wash, polish, wax and ready for the summer.

Niosotis

Veteran Member
TDI
:'( RIP:2002 Black 4dr Golf TDI
Argggg

I managed to get a hole put into my bumper from a white square bouncing thing on my way home from work, that's what i did to my car today :( :

andreigbs

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
I took off my EGR valve and WOW, what a mess it was! With only 52K miles I'm worried what the intake manifold looks like. The cleaning took care of a slight tapping sound and slight boost spike, as well as making my PD run smoother.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Monday, replaced the leaking cam seal on the B4.

Tommorow, new headliner! :D

EDIT: OMG, things don't hang from the ceiling anymore! ;) :D :p

Last edited:

imperium

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 New Beetle
I finally decided where to get my brake stuff from.

Work wise, I put a new oil strainer plate on my bus ;)

tmophoto

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta silver arrow GLS TDI
installed my 07 leather front seats in my 02 (need to power up the fronts.. still trying to find a wiring diagram from mkv front seats) pulled the injectors out and installed the nozzles in them reinstalling them in the morning

iamatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta 6 Speed manual
Just finished installing brand spankin new intake manifold which I aquired from bulldogger1 (thanks). Not too bad of a job but still a pain in the ass. Wouldn't want to do this with the EGR stuff still on the car. Do not attempt without anextension mirror. :D

TDItech

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI GLS Galactic Blue, 2000 Eurovan with ALH fromthe 02 Jetta
Installed a color matching Euro trunk lid last week and got my long plates :)

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Pulled the interior out of the '99.5 Golf to clean it up before installing new seats for the track. Pulled glove box for replacement (typical hinge failure).

tmophoto

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta silver arrow GLS TDI
readjusted the dg short shifter (was having a hard timegetting into first and second), installed the pp520's nozzles, I did the egr adjustment as well as a little iq adjustment. also installed a URD short shifter in my toyota tacoma (had to do it after the DG experience... so much better in both now)

need a temp sensor after scanning it today.

t

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Aligator chip tune yesterday. Changed oil today to Elf Solaris LLX 507.01. Vacuumed trunk.

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue
got it out of the Body shop today. got some scratches coverd up, and a NEW windshield put in, Oh it is so nice not looking at a crack when I drive.

Put two 205/65/15 Fuzion tires on the front, the stockers were worn out after 43K miles on it, in a few weeks, Ill put new ones on the back.

Eric B

VividDreams

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 VW GOLF
5 brake light mod. wow, was that easy!!! one of the easiest things ive ever done to a car!

and cheap! cost me about 1.87 for 2 bulbs, and i had a few female spade terminals layin around plus some old wire. not bad!

bikeprof

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 Variant white, 1996 Town & Country 3.8 LXI
This thread should go hand in hand with the "obsessed" thread...:eek: .

Worked on the '89 Jetta 1.8/auto 'cause I hit a bump and the car stalled :confused: .

Cleaned the battery posts and ground connections(nothing),still would NOT start..., searched for the starter motor and almost could not find it...:( . Tomorrow, I will have to get my arms greasy 'cuz it(starter) is between the engine and the firewall on top of the flywheel, ARGH!

The B4 Variant is down waiting to get the:
1. water pump
2. lifters
3. a new TB since I am going to be "in" there..
after 285K, I think the lifters HAVE to be REPLACED ASAP!
Don't know if the PO ever did them ?

Since the ground was wet..., I was on my knees pulling weeds the rest of the day :p .

muffledturbo

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB
Changed out the clogged fuel filter from crappy supposed ASTM certified biodiesel and reset the CEL. Cut fuel filter open, honey colored goo all over the metal plate in the bottom of the filter, either soap or glycerine?. What a mess. $32 for a fuel filter on Friday in Ogden. Ouch!

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
Drilled and tapped my TT control arms so I could finally reinstall the original front anti-sway bar.