www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old May 10th, 2018, 08:44   #2146
oilhammer
Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor

Fuel Economy: fantastic

Two of the five I have ever seen bad (which is a very low total number) were 2014s, both with 160k miles on them, both owned by the same fleet company.
Old May 10th, 2018, 09:09   #2147
vito3223

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilhammer View Post
Two of the five I have ever seen bad (which is a very low total number) were 2014s, both with 160k miles on them, both owned by the same fleet company.
Thanks for the reply! 2/5 that's 40%, and to get so many in a small sample size indicates that this is a very real and prevalent issue.
vito3223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2018, 09:38   #2148
oilhammer
Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor

Fuel Economy: fantastic

Seems pretty rare to me. I can rattle off a half dozen other things I have seen WAY more often. 5 cars out of.... shoot, no idea how many hundred of CR TDIs I used to see regularly. Mostly gone now.
Old May 10th, 2018, 10:55   #2149
vito3223

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilhammer View Post
Seems pretty rare to me. I can rattle off a half dozen other things I have seen WAY more often. 5 cars out of.... shoot, no idea how many hundred of CR TDIs I used to see regularly. Mostly gone now.
What else have you seen? So most people have turned them in.

I am worried of keeping it with a potential future hpfp issue.
vito3223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2018, 10:59   #2150
kjclow
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 55 max / 44 avg on beetle ~37 on JSW

With the updated warranty coming from the fix, the hpfp is finally covered. I'm less worried now.
Old September 16th, 2018, 17:53   #2151
mrorganic

Fuel Economy: Not sure but around 40

I was not so worried about my HPFP either as I got the modification on my car at 75,000 and the VW web site said i had an extended warranty to 129,000. My check engine light came on and i was not able to get it to stay off myself and so took my TDI to the dealer. The service Advisor told me, they new exactly what was happening to my car and and proceeded to tell me that there was metal filings in my fuel and that VW would not cover/honor the warranty because i did not have a "Fuel Guard Kit" installed on my car.

My advice to any TDI owner if you do not have this Fuel Guard Kit on your car is to find one and put it on your car.

I now have a 2012 VW Jetta Sportwagon that i can not use that only has 91,000 miles on it. I did not think that the HPFP was out when i took it in, as all the failures that i had read about showed immediate and no warning with a Check Engine light.

Hope all will spread this about the Fuel Guard Kit. I did find three of them but no use to me now.

So i am all for filing or being part of a class action law suit about the failures of the HPFP.

My car still runs, but i am not going to drive it until I get it fixed.

Last edited by mrorganic; September 16th, 2018 at 18:01. Reason: Ad some more info
mrorganic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2018, 19:51   #2152
mrorganic

Fuel Economy: Not sure but around 40

Up date from my last post. I still advice every one that has a warranty on there VW that if they do not have the "Fuel Guard Kit" installed on there car, to get one and install it your self. That is the reason that VW used to deny the warranty on my car.

Okay for the update and this is important if you think you car has a warranty and do not have the Fuel Guard Kit installed, and your HPFP fails, you may never get the warranty due that VW says they have on your car.

In my case i feel that Dealer was on my side and seemed like they wanted to honor the warranty but told me that VW would not honor there warranty. So I called VW and the guy i talked to said positively they would not honor the warranty because there was no "Fuel Guard Kit" installed on my car.

I also called an attorney that I found (not sure how) that worked on the case against VW. It took about 2 weeks or longer, i was buying a new car when i got a call from the service Manger at the Dealer telling me that VW was honoring the warranty. This was the best news i had herd in years.

The service manager also told me that if the HPFP had failed and no Check Engine Light warning me, that VW would not had covered my warranty. But because the warranty covers almost or everything about the CEL, that they were going to warranty my car. I was thrilled.

But this is also giving any one with one of these cars under warranty, they if they do not have the "Fuel Guard Kit" installed on there car, you are likely to lose your warranty if you have a HPFP failure. Hope every one that reads this will spread this information about the Fuel Guard Kit.
mrorganic is offline   Reply With Quote