The last round-up

geezerb

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sedan Manual
We just got back from our tour of the country last Monday evening. In the course of 38 days we drove in 29 0f the states and covered 10326 miles. The trip was to get to see some of the things I have missed over the years because of whinning kids, wives and incontinent dogs. I had intended to give a full report of fuel consumption and mileage per tank and all that but now I think if I learned how much this gig cost me, I'd totally lose it. As I recall, the worst fuel mileage was 39+per gallon while running in Long Island traffic and in some nasty weather in Wyoming and the best was 49+ while steady cruising in one of the flat states. The lowest price we saw for fuel was $2.77.
/9 and the highest was $3.59/9. The high was in Arizona near Williams. The air was on most of the time. East coast was a sweltering mess and Hoover Dam came in at 114 degrees but as they say, I was dry heat (freakin Hot no matter how dry)
The Jetta started out with 8727 miles and pulled into the garage at 19063 miles. There was minor problem with the passenger side window not staying closed but I worked around it for a day or so and it corrected itself.
Things I learned during the trip was that when a person reaches the geezer stage of life, he should really think a bit more of not taking a long trip and plan to tent camp the whole time. Pitching a tent in time of heat really sucks bad!!
Now that I have that travel bug fumigated, I'll stay home and mow the lawn.

Geezerb:D

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
2015 NMS Passat SE TDI "Gin" 2006 A5 New Jetta TDI "Graycie" and 2003 A4 Jetta GLS TDI "Liath"
geezerb:

My family and I are in the middle of a long road trip right now! Glad to hear your trip went OK. 38 days, 29 states, and over 10k miles is impressive. Good job. Sounds like it's time to relax and have a cold beverage.

Dan

Power_Not_Speed

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
At this stage of my geezerdom the closest I will get to camping is a Motel 6. It's funny that your most expensive fuel was in Williams, the last long trip I took went through 8 states and the cheapest fuel was in Flagstaff.

MTTDI

TDI
wife's 2002 Jetta TDI, daughter's 2002 Golf TDI, wish I had one
vag-com?

Geezerb, sounds like a great trip. A question for you, do you still have a VagCom you would be willing to share/sell? I live in Lewistown too, so if you do, please send me a private mail message. Thanks.
:)