X-Man's turbos for sale! 2260VK, 2260VKLR, PD170, hybrids, and more

CNGVW

Vendor , w/Business number
Bob Mann Auto, 111 High St, Pembroke MA 02359
TDI
Many TDI Jettas and a Beetle Race car run 2010 jetta tdi cup car build roadrace
Just got his log manifold, well build fast shipping and we did not know if the the stock oil drain tube would line up using a 2260. It lines up like a stock turbo will make the upgrade so much easier for every one.
I tried to use a darkside flange and passat ex manifold. the flange from darkside was drilled off center and no help from them.
If you are planning to upgrade to a big boy this is the best way.

jtgott317

TDI
06 jetta BRM dsg
Ok quick newbie question. I have a 06 jetta 1.9 BRM. I'm told i need a garrett pd140 for an upgrade. What is the difference between a normal PD140 and a hybrid? Also do you have any?

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
Octavia mk2 BXE + hybrid @175bhp/400Nm
Ok quick newbie question. I have a 06 jetta 1.9 BRM. I'm told i need a garrett pd140 for an upgrade. What is the difference between a normal PD140 and a hybrid? Also do you have any?
normal PD140 is GT1646 so not much of an upgrade really and a hybrid would be fitted with uprated internals - depending on your power goal

jtgott317

TDI
06 jetta BRM dsg
normal PD140 is GT1646 so not much of an upgrade really and a hybrid would be fitted with uprated internals - depending on your power goal
Daily driver with a twist. lol. I'd like to have some fun every once in awhile. Suggestions? I'm already tuned, new nozzles.

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
Daily driver with a twist. lol. I'd like to have some fun every once in awhile. Suggestions? I'm already tuned, new nozzles.
I would just fit stock BRM turbo with slightly larger billet compressor wheel and leave it like that unless you have some specific power goal in mind

cheers

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
Just got his log manifold, well build fast shipping and we did not know if the the stock oil drain tube would line up using a 2260. It lines up like a stock turbo will make the upgrade so much easier for every one.
I tried to use a darkside flange and passat ex manifold. the flange from darkside was drilled off center and no help from them.
If you are planning to upgrade to a big boy this is the best way.
Bob, I had no reply from you so please dont lie on a public forum about my service

CNGVW

TDI
You should check your Ebay messages.
Ebay response from you Darkside
Have you taken a little off the EGR port area to make them line up? some have bigger castings than others.
Bolts right up to our manifolds here. This is the last thing from you.
First you did not send the install kit and asked me to find them local one more week wait for bolts
I send this pic any one here would of send out a new plate it has 2 bolts in it.

but you did not and you did not follow up.
e
Bob, I had no reply from you so please dont lie on a public forum about my service
Sorry X-Man for putting it here but calling me a ### is uncalled for I have showed you manifold a lot over here and every loves your product.

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
Bob

Correct, that was the last eBay message we sent to you

You did not reply to any messages after that. Those photos were sent BEFORE we replied.
Every message you sent was replied to.

The guy in the packing team who missed the bolts is no longer with us due to errors like this. We apologised for this and posted a replacement set out to you with Royal Mail the same day, but also gave all the bolt sizes and details for you to source locally if you were in a rush for them.

A quick message would have been better than publicly saying we would not help, when clearly we tried.

CNGVW

TDI
Lets take this to vendor feedback please.
so was it build right or not seeing you got the the pic.
I left my feedback on Ebay guess what it was.

Last edited:

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Thanks, if you left negative you don't want help anyway or you would have answered my message in the first place.

PD_power

TDI
1.9 TDi ARL PD150
So has anyone got logs/printouts to show the difference between the short and tubular manifolds?

Also question for xman regarding the uprated LUK DMF you're doing for the 1.9 02M.
I've already got a new sachs SRE kit (pressure plate and organic friction plate), will this work with your uprated DMF? (My clutch kit is made for DMF, not SMF.

Cheers

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
So has anyone got logs/printouts to show the difference between the short and tubular manifolds?

Also question for xman regarding the uprated LUK DMF you're doing for the 1.9 02M.
I've already got a new sachs SRE kit (pressure plate and organic friction plate), will this work with your uprated DMF? (My clutch kit is made for DMF, not SMF.

Cheers
it will be hard to get such comparison as you would need to have the same turbo fitted on the same car just on different manifold with EMP gauge preferably to do proper tests...

Sachs SRE will not fit onto uprated LUK DMF you just have to go for standard PD150 DMF I'm afraid

cheers

Cookiez

TDI
golf mk4 4wd diesel
Possible to use oem styled downpipe (specifically darkside golf 4 motion downpipe) with a log styled manifold and a 1756 or 2056 with a bolt on downpipe flange?

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
Possible to use oem styled downpipe (specifically darkside golf 4 motion downpipe) with a log styled manifold and a 1756 or 2056 with a bolt on downpipe flange?
not really you could try it but it will require some modifications to fit 4x4 is a bit tricky very limited space etc.

b5converison

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 S , 2.0 PD 16v, 2060VKLR 280bhp & 550nm conservative ..

Cheers
I can spool my 2262vklr with 6 blades billet and extended tip on a darkside billet tubular 2.5 bars at 2500 rpm not a problem .. But what you have to ask yourself is it boost what you want or flow ? I think you know the answer .

Good VE is good flow .. Pressure is resistance to flow so you are not always looking for high boost in low rpm ...

Also ppl here buying big turbos on tubular manifolds have to realize that to get a very good setup a proper custom tune is required (per engine specific) ,custom modifications to SOI durations, nozzles chosen etc. you can`t just expect the turbo to spool properly without other mods .

obviously the better the physical mods the easier to tune .. ( ported head, port matched , size of tube etc. etc. )

b5converison

Veteran Member
TDI
Top quality tubular manifold for 8V 1.9TDI transverse engines. To fit GTB1756vk, GTB2056vk and GTB2260vk and hybrids based on the above turbos.

This manifold comes with lifetime warranty against cracks.
- turbo flange and collector made from billet steel 316L
- only seamless elbows are used
- turbo will sit exactly in stock position so stock downpipe and intake pipe can be used (with proper flange and adapter) as well as stock oil return
- EGT probe port already in the collector
- the manifold is welded by highly qualified fabricator with a lot of experience in welding manifolds and fitting GTB turbos

It's going to fit the following vehicles:

Volkswagen Golf mk4 / 5
Volkswagen Jetta
Volkswagen Bora
Volkswagen Polo 9N / 9N2 / 9N3
Audi A3 8L / 8P
Seat Ibiza Mk3 / Mk4
Seat Cordoba
Seat Leon 1M / 1P
Seat Toledo
Skoda Octavia Mk1 / Mk2
Skoda Fabia Mk1

And many more...

£600 delivered within the UK
£650 delivered to the US and Canada

Top quality short manifold for 8V 1.9TDI transverse engines. To fit GTB1756vk, GTB2056vk and GTB2260vk and hybrids based on the above turbos much cheaper alternative to tubular manifolds with the advantage of much quicker spool.

Ideal for budget - daily driving applications where quick spool is the priority.
Lifetime warranty against cracking.
It holds turbo very close to stock position.

£200 delivered within the UK.
£240 delivered to the US or Canada.

lifetime warranty on the tubular ??? well that is a new one to me :)))

My darkside manifold from a b8 audi ( fitted to my b7 2.0 BRD) has cracked in 200 miles ... but it cracked near the head flange on 3 runners and I had a big raw with Ryan at the time as I remember on how is this possible ...

So it did not crack on the collector side whilst there is the highest melting point and it cracked on the welds to the flange ..

Firs main problem was I believe the vibration and the whole setup whilst my vklr is not a vk and it was falling quite away from the head when installed .

Second main problem was that I knew this was coming and I have asked Ryan for advice and possibility of supporting the turbo as it`s heavy and is got a tendency to pull outside due to it`s own weight .. I`ve been told that if I do any kind of support on the turbo I will void the warranty .. well after 200 miles I shipped it back to them and I told them to weld it properly (in/out) as you could also see that the only runner that did not crack had a thicker weld on the inside ..

When I got it back I have fabricated a support system with rose end joints to hold the turbo strapped to the head in but allow movement same time whilst these manifolds will obviously expand under high heat and never had a problem since knock wood !

not a pleasant experience to take the turbo off and send the manifold away to have it done properly after you paid some nice money and you don`t get what you have paid for !

just curious on your terms and conditions .. if you have anything like that ..

also how difficult would be for your technical guy that did the cad dwgs on this manifold to do a 4-2-1 manifold for a longitudinal engine .. (even transverse ones) I would say these would improve flow and spool a lot more ..

sorry for long off topic story

Last edited:

b5converison

Veteran Member
TDI

smelly621

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf, 2003 Tacoma
Hey x-man, I'm looking for a bv43a or something similar to bolt up to a bhw exhaust manufold for a tdi swap project. Could you let me know if you have anything suitable?

Thanks!

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
Hey x-man, I'm looking for a bv43a or something similar to bolt up to a bhw exhaust manufold for a tdi swap project. Could you let me know if you have anything suitable?
Thanks!
any chance you could message us on facebook? would be easier to chat there

peppe_tdi

TDI
PD105
Top quality tubular manifold for 8V 1.9TDI transverse engines. To fit GTB1756vk, GTB2056vk and GTB2260vk and hybrids based on the above turbos.
This manifold comes with lifetime warranty against cracks.
- turbo flange and collector made from billet steel 316L
- only seamless elbows are used
- turbo will sit exactly in stock position so stock downpipe and intake pipe can be used (with proper flange and adapter) as well as stock oil return
- EGT probe port already in the collector
- the manifold is welded by highly qualified fabricator with a lot of experience in welding manifolds and fitting GTB turbos
It's going to fit the following vehicles:
Volkswagen Golf mk4 / 5
Volkswagen Jetta
Volkswagen Bora
Volkswagen Polo 9N / 9N2 / 9N3
Audi A3 8L / 8P
Seat Ibiza Mk3 / Mk4
Seat Cordoba
Seat Leon 1M / 1P
Seat Toledo
Skoda Octavia Mk1 / Mk2
Skoda Fabia Mk1
And many more...
£600 delivered within the UK
£650 delivered to the US and Canada

Top quality short manifold for 8V 1.9TDI transverse engines. To fit GTB1756vk, GTB2056vk and GTB2260vk and hybrids based on the above turbos much cheaper alternative to tubular manifolds with the advantage of much quicker spool.
Ideal for budget - daily driving applications where quick spool is the priority.
Lifetime warranty against cracking.
It holds turbo very close to stock position.
£200 delivered within the UK.
£240 delivered to the US or Canada.
how much close to stock position mate?

X-Man

Vendor
TDI
need log ex manifold for GTB1756vk with ex gasket to manifold to turbo and ex flange and gasket shipped to me how muck and how long
replied to your comment on facebook just please drop us a message and we will sort it out