Anybody had any experience with RESTORE?

GANZGUT

Veteran Member
I'm sure some of you have seen the product in the little silver cans formulated for 4,6,and 8 cylinder engines known as Restore, which promises that its additives will fill in scoring on cylinder walls and boost compression.

Any experience with this stuff, or evaluation as to the claims?

P.S. Guess you can't use it if you have a Audi/VW 5 cylinder engine

car54

theGAME
TDI
2002 Jetta
NOTHING goes in my engine but motor oil, and for some reason they always last longer than the car. imagine that????

[ October 04, 2001: Message edited by: car 54 ]

weasel

Deactivated Member Account
TDI
None.
The only problem I have with that stuff is what it might do to the turbo bearings.

GANZGUT

Veteran Member
I used it in a 1.5 liter Toyota engine with 200k miles in my old Tercel- it seemed to help a bit in the compression department. As the car was on its last legs, I didn't really care about the engine to the point of wanting to rebuild it.

But you're right- the turbo bearings are another factor to take into account, at least as far as the TDI is concerned.

For the record- I only use oil in my TDI- just seeing whether anybody had used this stuff.

S

SkyPup

You should always use at least ten (10) full cans of RESTORE to keep your engine in excellent shape, I can guarantee that it will work ten (10) full times better. Nowhere else can you get a 1,000% increase in power and longetivity!
Unless you are using that special 2TF diesel fuel........

nuke

Veteran Member
Whatever you do, don't put the 4-cylinder formula in a 6 or 8 cylinder engine.

You'll form a spatial void and cause warp drive starships to be caught in a temporal rift for miles around.