Vag Com questions...

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Yes, you need to activate it by doing a cut&paste from a line specific to your PC from the registration area then emailing that to them, then they email you back another line to cut&paste back in...viola! Full-functioning VAG-COM!

Lightman

Veteran Member
I just hooked it up to my car, was able to verify I still had the egr adaptation set, and clear fault codes. Would activation only be necessary for more advanced tasks, like doing a timing belt? Why should I activate?

Doug Huffman

Veteran Member
Washington Island, on the other side of Death's Do
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2K3 Silver gone to new home
Ya paid for the adapter, right? Why not activate the program too?

If you cobbled your own adapter and are running the shareware version of the program then don't activate it. The point is to respect the author's hard work coding the program.

[ November 03, 2002, 14:57: Message edited by: Doug Huffman ]

The Kid

Veteran Member
Doug: According to the ross-tech website, they dont care if you use other peoples connectors... they just wont troubleshoot them. To activate the software if you are using a different connector... you still have to pay them.

Lightman: I would say its worth activating... if you dont you cant access all the modules, and I dont think you can save any adaptations

Lightman

Veteran Member
I just got my vag com hookup and wonder what all I can do with it? I'm also wondering if activation is necessary to do the things we do on our tdi's with vag-com? I'd like to verify my EGR adaptation is still set, and clear/check codes....any info would be appreciated.