DSG 40K Maintenance Cost

NYDolfan928

TDI
Jetta TDI
I was at a local dealer and picked up their flyer for various maintenance deals - the transmission fluid maintenance was $169 or $189 if you wanted synthetic. I asked the guy to call the service manager and confirm the price for a 2006 DSG tranny. he said 'yup, it's $189'.

Then I went to the parts dept and priced out the fluid at about $120 and the filter at $50.

I realize those are retail prices, but to me it sounds like they've never done a MK5 DSG fluid change. Oh, the parts guy said "yeah I'd have to order that - it's not in stock"

What are the costs that you are finding for the DSG 40K maint???

Thanks
Pete

br6ad

TDI
dsg

I paid $199 at the dealer but he informed he is going to be charging $249 from now on out. He said they give you a package deal if you let them do the service. If you buy the items individually from them they'll charge you retail. They showed 1 hour of labor on the invoice. I was only the second one they had done. So far so good.

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
2015 Golf TDI, Seat Leon FR PD 150 6 speed.
DSG service

br6ad said:
I paid $199 at the dealer but he informed he is going to be charging $249 from now on out. He said they give you a package deal if you let them do the service. If you buy the items individually from them they'll charge you retail. They showed 1 hour of labor on the invoice. I was only the second one they had done. So far so good.
I can do them for 220 parts and labor. I did one last week.