Diesel Power Tuning Modules for VW Common Rail at kermaTDI

VailPowder

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI Sedan, 1998 New Beetle TDI, 2004 Jetta TDI
We are really pleased to announce that kermaTDI has added the Diesel Power modules to our product line up.

This is the best tuning solution we've found for the 2009, 2010, 2011 Common Rail TDI's . So many people want to improve the performance of their new Common Rail TDI's ...but still have warranties!

Happy Holidays!

Paul

--

http://www.kermatdi.com/servlet/-strse-631/DIESEL-POWER%C2%AE-Performance-Module/Detail

DIESEL POWER® Performance Module 2.0 TDI 140 hp

DIESEL POWER® Performance Module 2.0 TDI 140 hp Injection system:

Common Rail Bosch Diesel Power module:

DIGI CR C2A Adapter type: RT-VAG-2.0 TÜV certificate: Yes

-Rail and Turbo Stock: 140HP 236Nm
-Diesel Power: 168HP 278Nm

Fits: 2009-11 VW CR TDI 2.0
Price: $749.00

=====================

Specifications Injection system: Common Rail Bosch Diesel

Power module: DIGI CR C2A
Adapter type: RT-VAG-2.0 TÜV certificate: Yes

-Rail and Turbo Stock: 140HP 236Nm
- Diesel Power: 168HP 278Nm

Works With Main Engine Types DIESEL POWER® modules work with diesel engines from all the leading vehicle manufacturers.

TÜV Certification TUV certification involves rigorous testing of the applications for which the component is designed. It includes verification that the device satisfies the strictest European regulations for the industry in which the component was designed for and ensures the component specifications are stated correctly.

Periodic retesting of the component is required to maintain TUV approval and the certification is without question the most comprehensive testing any product would undergo. In the case of a tuning module, TUV approval means the product complies with legal exhaust-emissions standards. TUV testing of a tuning module includes: * Verifying the use of quality materials in the manufacture of an automotive product. * Emissions standards are similar to the original manufacturers standards. * No danger in the fit or use of the product. * Verifying that stated power and economy figures are accurate and are not misleading.

Diesel Power CR and PD modules have also attained the E-1 certification which verifies that the tested component does not damage or conflict with any other component on the vehicle. Most Diesel Power tuning products are TUV and E-1 certified!

Last edited:

roy1

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
We are really pleased to announce that kermaTDI has added the Diesel Power modules to our product line up.

This is the best tuning solution we've found for the 2009, 2010, 2011 Common Rail TDI's . So many people want to improve the performance of their new Common Rail TDI's ...but still have warranties!

Happy Holidays!

Paul
Paul
Just a little hind site on this, unless Diesel Power is offering a warranty to their tuning product . Then it will void the factory warrranty, even though it has Tuev approval. Why? Because the engine is operating out side of the design parameters that Volkswagen has set.
The Tuev approval is for emissions and that the tuning does not make the car unsafe for operation on the streets. 2nd part Volkswagen does not endorse or recognize any third pary tunig software programs.
best regards

VailPowder

TDI
Good Points!

The other tuning options involve cutting the security screws to remove the ECU to send the ECU off to flash on a bench.

Then it would have to go back every time to return it to stock , and back again to load the tune.

Without debating the finer points of warranty ... the main thing is that some dealers will void a warranty if you upgrade the suspension, the stereo, or the exhaust tip.

This module can be easily unplugged and reinstalled. If there is a legitimate problem caused by any device the dealer can void a warranty.

The advantage here is that with the module removed the dealer cannot unfairly try to shift blame to a device.

A bigger problem right now; might be dealers that use the wrong engine oil ...

As with any car issue: Your Mileage May Vary.

Happy Holidays

Paul
Just a little hind site on this, unless Diesel Power is offering a warranty to their tuning product . Then it will void the factory warrranty, even though it has Tuev approval. Why? Because the engine is operating out side of the design parameters that Volkswagen has set.
The Tuev approval is for emissions and that the tuning does not make the car unsafe for operation on the streets. 2nd part Volkswagen does not endorse or recognize any third pary tunig software programs.
best regards

Last edited:

Drevaen2

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
Is it me, but this doesn't look serious.

278 Nm is 205ft/lbs wich is less than a stock CR 2.0. TDI. (234 ft/lbs)

VailPowder

TDI
Thanks for spotting that! It should be 320 Nm stock with an increase to 377 Nm / 236 Ft/lbs stock with an increase to 278 ft/lbs All the best Paul
Is it me, but this doesn't look serious.

278 Nm is 205ft/lbs wich is less than a stock CR 2.0. TDI. (234 ft/lbs)

hartzpad

Veteran Member
Can someone explain how this module is switchable? How is it installed? is it hardware or software? I couldn't find any information on the KermaTDI site.

Thanks.

VailPowder

TDI
Hi

The module is hardware that plugs into the harness underhood and can be uninstalled and the harness plugged back together as normal. The module allows for adjustments. Different from Flash Tuning...but quite good and warranty friendly. [meaning that it reduces the chance that a WARRANTY claim would be denied without legimate cause ]

Cheers
Paul

Can someone explain how this module is switchable? How is it installed? is it hardware or software? I couldn't find any information on the KermaTDI site.

Thanks.

Driver72

TDI
2011 Golf 4Dr DSG
Just want to make a correction here.
The Digi Power CR C2A
DOES NOT WORK for the 2011 CR TDi

I know this for a fact simply because I was apparently one of the first to order it for my 2011 Tdi
and after numerous acceleration tests I found ZERO power improvement.

The company I bought it from called the manufacturer in Germany and they confirmed they "jumped the gun" in saying it works for the 2011 cars.
They asked me to return the box for a full refund and will notify me when they have one working for the 2011 cars. As of now they say they don't have an exact completion date but say, "we are working on it."

So if you have a 2011 CR TDI
Wait until a 2011 approved version is made before buying.

oneSlickTDI

TDI
2011 Golf TDI Blue Graphite Pearl 6M
Just want to make a correction here.
The Digi Power CR C2A
DOES NOT WORK for the 2011 CR TDi

I know this for a fact simply because I was apparently one of the first to order it for my 2011 Tdi
and after numerous acceleration tests I found ZERO power improvement.

The company I bought it from called the manufacturer in Germany and they confirmed they "jumped the gun" in saying it works for the 2011 cars.
They asked me to return the box for a full refund and will notify me when they have one working for the 2011 cars. As of now they say they don't have an exact completion date but say, "we are working on it."

So if you have a 2011 CR TDI
Wait until a 2011 approved version is made before buying.
is there an update on this?? Does this tuning module now work on the 2011 CR tdi's?

VailPowder

TDI
is there an update on this?? Does this tuning module now work on the 2011 CR tdi's?
Here is the latest update:

For the 2011 VW 2.0 TDI’S we will be using the Diesel Power Digi CRBB or CRBD 1 channel units.

I have tested this unit on the 2011 Jetta with great results.

The pricing on the 1 channels is $649.00 Retail.

Driver72

TDI
2011 Golf 4Dr DSG

The single channel Digi Power unit is now available for the 2011 TDI's
Connects just to the rail unit.
Supposedly gives a "noticeable" power increase as well as 4-5 mpg increase.
The 2 channel unit which also connects to the turbo for a bit more boost/power as well, will be available next month.
I'm on the list to get one of the first ones, so when I get it (and have time to put in on) I'll report back on how it's working).

hartzpad

Veteran Member
Anyone have one of these on their 2010 TDI? I'm considering it and wondering if it is close to the same power as a chip/reflash? I'm @ 16,000 miles and have a way to go to get out of the warranty.

Driver72

TDI
2011 Golf 4Dr DSG
If you are at all concerned/paranoid about a technician "finding" the reflash (chances are super slim if you remove it before taking the car into a dealer for any work/service), than modding a car is not for you.

11GolfTDI_SLC

TDI
2011 Golf
Here is the latest update:

For the 2011 VW 2.0 TDI’S we will be using the Diesel Power Digi CRBB or CRBD 1 channel units.

I have tested this unit on the 2011 Jetta with great results.

The pricing on the 1 channels is $649.00 Retail.
Any update on the availability of the 2ch module for 2011?, how is it different than the 1 ch module available now? (in terms of perf gain by connecting to the turbo vs. the fuel rail only)

bthor

TDI
2010 jetta
http://dieseltuning.ca/modules/cr.html WOULD BE NICE IF THESE GUYS WOULD RESPOND TO AN E-MAIL. I HAVE SENT MULTIPLE E-MAILS TRYING TO GET QUESTIONS ANSWERED BOTH AS A POTENTUAL BUYER & AS SOMEONE THAT HAS ALREADY PURCHASED (USING DIFFERENT E-MAIL ADDRESS'S). ZERO RESPONSE ZERO CUSTOMER SUPPORT. ---- HOWEVER PAUL AT KERMA USUALLY RESPONDS WITH IN AN HOUR OR TWO. NOTHING BUT PRAISE TO PAUL. TRY TO GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER OUT OF DIESELTUNE.CA LIKE SHOW ME A DINO/BOOST NUMBERS ETC.
B

Last edited:

VailPowder

TDI
I am trying to get the data on the updated module as well.

I'll post as soon as I have some info

Driver72

TDI
2011 Golf 4Dr DSG
Any update on the availability of the 2ch module for 2011?, how is it different than the 1 ch module available now? (in terms of perf gain by connecting to the turbo vs. the fuel rail only)

http://dieseltuning.ca/modules/cr.html WOULD BE NICE IF THESE GUYS WOULD RESPOND TO AN E-MAIL. I HAVE SENT MULTIPLE E-MAILS TRYING TO GET QUESTIONS ANSWERED BOTH AS A POTENTUAL BUYER & AS SOMEONE THAT HAS ALREADY PURCHASED (USING DIFFERENT E-MAIL ADDRESS'S). ZERO RESPONSE ZERO CUSTOMER SUPPORT. ---- HOWEVER PAUL AT KERMA USUALLY RESPONDS WITH IN AN HOUR OR TWO. NOTHING BUT PRAISE TO PAUL. TRY TO GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER OUT OF DIESELTUNE.CA LIKE SHOW ME A DINO/BOOST NUMBERS ETC.
B

They are still beta testing the 2 channel Diesel Power CR module, apparently there is an issue they are trying to work out.

As for the first poster quoted above.
The single channel just hooks up to the common rail system and therefore does NOT increase boost. Clearly increasing boost is where the majority of an increase in power will come from. However, the single channel which I have now, does increase power a bit.
It doesn't seem to do as much at lower speeds, but as speeds increase adjusting the fuel rail appears to have greater affect on power and acceleration improves.

I have not been able to test the claims of increase fuel mileage yet however.
After a month of ownership I was finally able to install the single channel once I got back into town from a business trip.

I'm sure it will improve gas mileage under normal driving conditions however, since having the ability to adjust fuel can result in an "eco" tune under light to normal driving conditions.

I'll post my acceleration testing results in a new thread.

spyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 VW GLS NB TDI (UTE)

=====================

Price: $749.00 QUOTE]

Maybe I'm a bit of a tight wad, but $250 more than a Stage 1 tune is hard to swallow. Any chance this price decreases a bit or we can get together a small group to purchase some?

Thanks

VailPowder

TDI

=====================

Price: $749.00 QUOTE]

Maybe I'm a bit of a tight wad, but $250 more than a Stage 1 tune is hard to swallow. Any chance this price decreases a bit or we can get together a small group to purchase some?

Thanks
I'd be totally open to a Group Buy!

REDNECKDZL

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, 2015 Jetta, 1984 Wabbit TD, 1986 RX7 waiting on AHU swap
Depending how the 2 channel unit installs I'm sitting on the fence till its available

lemminglife

TDI
2012 TDI Sportwagen
Is it by chance working yet on 2012. I would like to see this on my JSW which is still under warranty. Also, will there be a two channel version for a 2012 TDI?

Last edited: