Keeping doors locked while car is running

Apone

TDI
None
hi all I use my 2002 golf for towing and was wandering if theres a way to keep doors locked while car is running for fast stops to refill and get a drink so the turbo can cool off and oil keep pumping threw. I have ross tech software and my skc

matt

smelly621

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf, 2003 Tacoma
Are you planning to carry a spare key to get back in? What CCM behavior prevents you from having the doors locked while running?

How about you roll down the window, get out of the car, close door, reach in and lock the door, then quickly pull the auto-up window switch?

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Lock it at the door lock with a different key. On my A5, if it is running, the remote will not lock the car but a key in the lock will.

Last edited:

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
How about you roll down the window, get out of the car, close door, reach in and lock the door, then quickly pull the auto-up window switch?
Much safer. unlock all the doors, roll up all the window get out of car, close drivers door open the front passengers door, hit the lock switch and close the passenger door.

Enabled

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Manual, BMW 328d SW

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
Keep the remote in your pocket for locking and unlocking, and use the valet key for the ignition?

You could put the valet key on a detachable key-ring like this:

Dannyboi

TDI
01 and 02 Golf ALH
hi all I use my 2002 golf for towing and was wandering if theres a way to keep doors locked while car is running for fast stops to refill and get a drink so the turbo can cool off and oil keep pumping threw. I have ross tech software and my skc

matt
Hey Matt, I know I'm 5 years late on this but I did figure out how to get key fob access with engine running(Remote control with "Terminal 15 on") on my 2001 and 2002 Golfs. Check out this thread:

Also posting here because I found this thread while trying to get this functionality for my car. Anyone else looking for this, check out the link....