ran it at the track 15.6 @91.24

tdipower4me

Veteran Member
TDI
03 jetta
well, last day of test and tune and decided to take the car out to see what it would run. i really only wanted to see what the mph would be because it shows exactly what kind of power the car is making.

car is a 1990 jetta sedan with an alh 90 swap with a chip and injectors and NO intercooler At the moment, and a clutch that barley holds :eek:

anywho i ran a 15.6 @91.24 with a 2.5 60ft... did a small burnout and pedaled it thru all of first and 2nd. i'd rather spin then hop, hence the junk 60ft's. i could not believe how bad the wheelspin was at the track! even worse then on the street! at the track, i burn 1st hard, roast 2nd like crazy then chirp 3rd if i'm lucky:D . other then that it would spin 1/2 of 3rd then grip. on the street if i roll into it in 2nd at about 25-30 i roast em to the end of 2nd (dunno the mph because it goes by so fast).

it was a pretty cold night but i could really feel the car start to slow down once i was going into 4th due to the heatsoak. i think if i hook up the intercooler, get a new clutch, a better tune then this junk upsolute tune, i think i could really get the mph up to atleast 94-96+

once again, mods are
pp502's (pp764's)
upsolute stg2 tune
straight pipe from turbo back (2.25)
no intercooler:mad:

also, put the car on the scale at lebanon valley and weighed in with me (182lbs) at 2330.... seems a bit light but who knows.

i'll be back for the next season gunning for atleast 95 mph.

ak47tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
99, white,2 door golf and 98, white, Jetta
I would say you need more traction, but sounds like your clutch def wouldn't like that.lol

Nice trap speed with that set-up, alot of room for improvement as far as the hardward goes. That trap speed is good for a high 14 sec run as it stands.

Congrats :)

tdipower4me

Veteran Member
TDI
03 jetta
ak47tdi said:
I would say you need more traction, but sounds like your clutch def wouldn't like that.lol

Nice trap speed with that set-up, alot of room for improvement as far as the hardward goes. That trap speed is good for a high 14 sec run as it stands.

Congrats :)
Thanks! i could've put snow tires on and got more traction and probably more wheel hop and the clutch would be hating life even more!

once i get IC and new clutch i want at least a 95 trap... maybe if i get motor mount inserts and maybe a set of drag radials and some better tuning i might even break into the 13's. a 13.99 pass with the stock turbo would be sweet!