Injector return lines

vwdsmguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf black 5-spd
I have OEM braided lines. One developed a bad leak, while the others are fuel wet on their outside. I bought new lines from a dealer which also appear to leak through the line. What gives on these lines?

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
I thought I had the same problem, ordered 5m of the right continental line, which is the proper vacuum hose line BTW, and replaced the injector return lines. Whaaat, still wet!

Turned out my #1 & #3 nuts on the top of the injectors were leaking.
This 10k after I changed my injectors. Snugged 'em up, do be careful to get, IIRC, a 15mm wrench on the injector body lower down to prevent twisting the lines. #3 I had to remove the hold down fork to get the counterhold wrench on.

Read Franko6's thorough little treatise, #9, on installing injectors for helpful advice and tips
here:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=483686

Cheers,
R*2

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
Doublecheck that you have straight cuts on the hose and that the hose segments aren't too short. I semi-botched one on the daughter's wagon, later discovering it was leaking: replaced with the same hose stock, only with a slightly longer piece with a more clean cut on it.

If you're leaking around the #3 injector it might be the banjo fitting there that's loose.

Not sure if one needs to give grace time for new hose to settle in, whether getting warmed up helps seal if it's a marginal fit.