Leak around Valve cover

Lex Tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
Anyone had a leak around the valve cover? Assuming the gasket, idparts only has the whole assembly for $200 plus... No on just sells the gasket???

Definitely not a job i can do if i have to remove all the injectors....

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
oilhammer would know- on all my other diesels I could just remove the fuel rails and the valve cover came right off, like spark plug holes on gassers. hope the CKRA is the same

Lex Tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
Quick follow up:
Took to a good shop i've used and turned out to not just be a leaking valve cover gasket. When the timing belt cover was removed we found that the cam seal was leaking AND there were some plastic pieces which turned out to be the broken bit of the plastic hub that holds the cam in place.

It wasnt touched or leaking when i did my timing belt back in january.... I'll be inspecting cam every time i replace the timing belt.... if anyone else has thoughts i'd love to hear them....

VNF

TDI
Mk4
A followup question. Looks like I have a similar leak on my 2014 Passat. Can you provide any more detail or pictures of the broken plastic parts. I'm trying to figure out what I'm dealing with here. I miss my old alh.