Timing belt time

Hurleyss

TDI
2005 Passat TDI BSM delete
Not sure if this us the right spot but...

I am approaching having to change my timing belt in my 2005 VW Passat wagon tdi and I want yo know what else to do/change once its opened up. I believe the 05 pd engine has some flaws that can be fixed around the time the timing belt gets done....?

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
I think he's referring to the balance shaft delete.

Kerma tdi on your coast is where I got my timing belt kit and balance shaft delete kit. They sell all oem or oe replacement parts. Prices were fair. I may have saved a few bucks buying each and every item alone from various vendors but i wanted thus knocked out in a weekend so when parts arrived my motor was already on the stand, my coolant, oil, oil filter, permatex gasket maker, drill, tap, locltite and plug was ready to go. I already had vcds on hand. Only specialty tool i used was the crank/cam lock tool cheap from eBay(and vcds for torsion value). I used a grinder with a zip wheel to remove the old crank gear.

I didn't buy a Bentley manual, i paid the 11 bucks or so for the myturbodiesel membership where they have a long how to with pics.

For my 5 speed swap i used Levi Jeffery 5 speed conversion video on youtube.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Besides the timing belt kit, to repair the balance shaft and replace the camshaft will cost more than your car is worth. Do you have enough $$$ to fix this?