TDIFest-OH8 Lost and Found

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
As is common in many large events, things get lost, stolen, misplaced, borrowed, randomly found... whatever... This year there were several things that "went missing" that people would like to have back.

1. a VAG-COM USB Cable - It was sitting by a laptop on the table in front of the Rocketchip RV - owner went to rally, it went missing! laptop and charger still there.

2. a scope was borrowed and passed around to allow you to see into the pistons (forgive my lack of knowledge on the proper name of this tool). It was passed, and passed, and passed some more, and seems to have disappeared. If you have this scope in your possession, please contact a member of the TDIFest committee.

3. Sunglasses - not nearly as valuable or expensive as the latter 2 items, but they are dear to me. They went missing on Friday night. They are Native brand, silver frame with darker lenses.

They were a recent birthday gift, and I would like them back. If you've seen them, please let me know. The same goes for all the items posted in this thread. :cool:

Last edited:

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Thanks, Shalon. You beat me to the punch.

The tool was a borescope.

If anyone has knowledge of the following items, feel free to contact me.

Alternatively, an anonymous mailing to me will result in the return of the items.

Bruce Bowling
783 Janet Street
Versailles, KY 40383

Last edited:

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
paramedick said:
The tool was a borescope.
I think in this case the spelling should be: Borrow-Scope...

Too bad things "go missing"... I certainly hope it's all due to oversight... This group is too important to let its reputation be diminished...

All the best,

Yuri.

(Wish I had been able to make it down to TDI-Fest, but the timing wasn't right... :(

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
I have the bore scope - it was left wrapped around the handle next to the door of my RV. I brought it in the rv at night and found it in the oven today safe and sound.

Still no sign of vagcom cable.
Jeff

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Lost: Silver hose clamp pliers. Not the cable type, the ones with the 45 degree bend to the neck. Found AWOL when I used my red toolbox today.

Caveat. Growler used my toolbox. He may have them. Haven't had a chance to speak to him yet.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Bruce,

I never took the hose clamps out of your bag (dont even recall them being there so I cannot tell you if they were in there or not.) didn't need them for a fuel filter change.. just grabbed the regular pliers for the fuel hoses.

the only pair of that style hose clamps I saw all weekend were MrChills that I used on Sunday trying to get at my VNT actuator.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
YAY!~ I was racking my brain trying to remember if I saw them or not..

sdk131

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GL RC1+
Phoenix42 said:
One really has to wonder what Jeff was doing with the scope in the oven...;)
He's probably using it to check out the combustion efficiency of the gas burners after installing larger nozzles, increasing the injection quantity, and injenction pressure. This of course is all after installing RC72. :D

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Found: one green folding travel chair. Someone put it on our hotel room patio sometime Monday morning along with a large box of sidewalk chalk.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
That's where the sidewalk chalk went! You can keep it and draw extra parking spaces or something if you want. It's cheaper to buy new stuff next year than mail it. :)

VeeDubTDI

TDI
VW Derf said:
That's where the sidewalk chalk went! You can keep it and draw extra parking spaces or something if you want. It's cheaper to buy new stuff next year than mail it. :)
It will probably end up living in the trunk of the ECOdiesel until next year's Fest anyway. ;)

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Lawson,

Did that wheel bearing replacement work ok for your trip home?

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Yeah, the wheel bearing was great. However, there's still something going on with the right rear brakes. Makes that same grinding sound that goes away when you pull the parking break. I'll take it to my local VW shop and see if they have any ideas.

Thanks again for the use of your garage. I know your family was eager to spend some time with you. :cool:

onlyinabeetle

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
I folded the chair up and tommy and I dropped the objects off, your room lights were off so we left em there;)

VeeDubTDI said:
Found: one green folding travel chair. Someone put it on our hotel room patio sometime Monday morning along with a large box of sidewalk chalk.

RichC

Veteran Member
TDI
Others: 82 MB 300D Turbodiesel & 2010 BMW X5 35D
I'll add a missing Belkin universal notebook computer power supply to the list of missing items. I had thought it might show up as we cleared out of the registration room, but alas it did not. Its not a big deal, but thought just in case the power supply ended up in someone's "Welcome Bag," box or computer bag that I would mention it here. If so, I'll be glad to pay the shipping to get it back.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
onlyinabeetle said:
I folded the chair up and tommy and I dropped the objects off, your room lights were off so we left em there;)
Cool. I thought the chair/chalk fairy had paid us a visit. :confused: ;)

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
VW Derf said:
It's cheaper to buy new stuff next year than mail it. :)
I'm glad you see it that way.
I got frustrated that the cork board didn't fit on top of the stuff already packed. I didn't feel like unpacking to place the board underneath first, so I sort of broke it and solved that little space problem.

I'll kick in for a new one for next year's organizers to buy locally.