Thank you

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
I wanted to thank this years organizers for putting on a great TDIFest-OH8. The only complaint I have is that the weekend went by way too quickly. :)

Thank you to this years crew of Tim, Bruce, Rich, Aaron, Eric, Dan, Jason, Tom and Julie. I'd also like to thanks all the speakers and vonteers that helepd out on the weekend and of course all those who attended to make this years fest a great success.

Thanks again!
Fred

PS, please post some of you pictures on the pic surver for others to see and to help keep an archive.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
How many TDI's ended up at the Fest?Any 09's? Did VWoA show up? Maybe next year if car doesn't crap out day before event.....I soooo wish there was a guru living near me right now....I need a turbo installed!

CoJoNEs

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf; 2015 Golf
We had about 130 registered, I would guess close to 100 TDIs at one point as some carpooled and some had to fly in.

Several 09s counting the one RichC was lent by our local dealer and the 3 Oliver was able to bring from VW corp, plus a few members drove their 09s in.

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
I thought Oliver only got two? :confused:

And, they were both sedans, not wagons.

TdiRacing

Vendor
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Cup
I had 3 2009 Jettas there for test drives. We drove many people for test drives all threes days. I hope everyone who wanted a ride got one.

The sport wagen was not TDi, so I did not bring it.

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
Ah, I must have missed one of the cars, then.

Anyway, thanks to everyone involved with Fest OH-8. I had a great time!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
A big thanks to everyone to planned and volunteered for TDI Fest. Also, big thanks to everyone who showed up and helped to make it an excellent weekend. I was very impressed with the way the weekend went.

Thanks again, and see everyone next year, if not sooner. :cool:

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Indeed! I had a blast, despite another year with car troubles :rolleyes: I'm glad we were able to support the site... I think the auction went really well this year!

-Jason

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Yeah, blowing up your turbo was interesting. First time for everything! Hopefully you can fix it without too much financial burden.

Torque_Delight

TDIClub Enthusiast, Modded
TDI
Galactic Blue (LG5V) 2001 Jetta
Thanks to all the people who has been involved into this event. It was my 2nd TDIFest and I really enjoyed it. It was very nice to meet all the chat guys and talk with a lot of diesel lovers.

Chris Hills presentation was REALLY interesting even if it was a bit disturbing but I learnt lots of things.

MoGolf's right tools for the right job was great too. I know know what I have to buy and what I don't want to spend on.

The Show'N'Shine was a hot experience (since I won the 2nd place in A4 Jetta) and "hot" is the right word for it because I felt like I was going to melt in some time. Like somebody else said, We should try to find a place with less asphalt or more shade next year.

Oh yeah... Despite the fact that blowing compu's turbo has been a bad thing, I enjoyed the experience of living a turbo fail... It makes me know how they can go out.

Thanks to all for those great moments

Last edited:

John Beyer

Veteran Member
TDI
Two 1998 Jettas, Classic Green and White TDI/GT, 1996 Passat Wgn, White, 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver
Thank You Cinci group for bringing the Fest to Ohio.

It was good to see a few people from the old days and meet a few from the new.