Last minute change! B5 and B4 catagories!

I have a Passat, I will be entering in the show and shine, and I have a:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
There's been talk about wanting to separate the two Passat models awards category. We merged these two models so that there would be more competition. But, if there are going to be enough entries in each class there's no reason they can't be separate.

Please vote if accordingly.

-Jason

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Please VOTE NOW, as Jason as the poll set to close on 8/16/08 @ 2:45PM (not sure if this is intentional or not).

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Decide at the show. It might make as much sense to group the A3 and B4 together as to group the B4 and B5 together.
Grouping the Passats together is unfair to the B4. The mileage factor helps even the field, but there are 6 years difference between the end of the B4 and the start of the B5.5. That is also as much as ten years between the earliest B4 (fall of 95) and the last of the B5.5 (summer of 05). That's a lot of seat wear difference.
Are awards freed for creation of new categories because of other (conversion) classes having been deleted?

Lug_Nut

TDI
Yeah, maybe all the VW's should be grouped together to provide for more competition.....:rolleyes:

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
Well for what it's worth, we're planning to take the B4V with us to the fest this year. Although we have never taken it on any trip longer than 100 miles, so this should be interesting... and yet again I'm contemplating selling it. I guess this trip will help that decision.

Lug_Nut

TDI
So we're up to 6. That should be enough entries to justify one award for best in a combined B class.:rolleyes:

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
Oh, I just got back into town and didn't have internet access while I was gone and now the poll is closed. I'll be there with my B5.5 if it matters.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
Well with 7 cars I think the classes are going to stay merged :) You will just have to shine up your cars that much more.

-J

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I know you guys are sorry not to have the competition, but my B4V won't be there. I'll save it for a future Fest.

psst1997

Veteran Member
TDI
90 Corrado G60, 90 Corrado 3.6, 92 Corrado VR6, 97 Passat TDI, 2005 Jetta TDI, 2006 Touareg V10, 2011 Golf TDI
Is there a final answer yet? Even if there are only a few i still think the classed should be separate. One other thing, Paramedick, one of the organizers, has two B4's and I would assume he will be there with his.;)

Lug_Nut

TDI
Nothing prevents one from buying more than one raffle ticket.
Nothing prevents one from upping the chances by entering more than one car.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
Exactly. We chose to combine the two classes so there would be more competition. Having such small categories cheapens the award. It was not a cost issue.

As far as combining the A3s with the A4s, that might have to happen next year. We'll see how this year goes. Tomo, don't you remember last year when we had to ask people with B4s to enter the S&S so we would have someone to give the awards to?

-J

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Tom, stop being a curmudgeon! :p

You can buy all the awards you want and hand them out to people. :cool:

Lug_Nut

TDI
compu_85 said:
As far as combining the A3s with the A4s, that might have to happen next year. -J
My preference for future events would be to consider grouping the cars by engine design. Pre-TDI, Fixed vane turbo VE, Variable vane turbo VE, 1.9/2.0 PD, and CR. Entries in larger groups could be broken down further if numbers in those groups warrant.
This keeps similar vintages competing against their own age group.
But that's for discussion after next week.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Interesting idea. Tomo will probably have a coronary. :eek: