Dent wizard & tint guy

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Not yet... Calling a guy back today. Like I said, it's hard to get someone on site (not that I blame them... I wouldn't want to tint a car outside in the dust and wind, either).

Lex4TDI4Life

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf-Ute TDI GLS 5spd Manual
worse comes to worse, all the tint customers can chip in for a tent rental

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I wouldn't be opposed to that. If other people are on board as well, the cost per person would be minimal.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Update: shop manager is out of the office on a big commercial tint job and probably won't be able to get back to me until Monday. In the mean time, I'm going to call around some more and see what other options we have.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Update: called a new place that sounds very interested. They will require an enclosed tent for quality control reasons (which is a totally reasonable request). The manager's tint guy is going to call me back today so we can go over some details, work out pricing, etc.

Edit: according to tinters, the New Beetle is one of the hardest cars to do, mostly due to its bubbly windows (stretches the tint). Just a little tidbit of information for you. :)

Stay tuned...

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
from what I hear, if a tint guy can do a new beetle rear hatch in one piece, he is worth his weight in gold plated tint film!

most shops will do it in two pieces putting the seam along one of the rear defroster lines.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Growler said:
from what I hear, if a tint guy can do a new beetle rear hatch in one piece, he is worth his weight in gold plated tint film!

most shops will do it in two pieces putting the seam along one of the rear defroster lines.
The guy who did mine did it in two pieces. He still had to shrink it with a heat gun, but it turned out very well.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
I may be up for a few dents, depending on the cost. But hopefully, I'll get them out before the show.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Please keep me updated, as every dent is more incentive for Dent Wizard to come to Fest. As it stands right now, I don't think we'll have enough people to make it worth their time, especially on a holiday weekend.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
This has never been attempted at a TDIFest.........Maybe you ought to just let it go......

VeeDubTDI said:
Please keep me updated, as every dent is more incentive for Dent Wizard to come to Fest. As it stands right now, I don't think we'll have enough people to make it worth their time, especially on a holiday weekend.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Tom's right... I give up. There won't be dent removal and tinting services available at Fest.

blubry2

TDI
1999 Volkswagen New Beetle 1.9 Turbo Diesel
Putting in the request for the dent guy to come out.

Our Beetle has a dent on the passenger door and thought about doing it myself, but if the dent master could come out that would be great.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I'm still waiting for one jackass to call me back. I've called them twice now... looks like it might be about time to give up. I've pretty much exhausted all of the tint shops in the phone book. There might be one or two more left that I can call.

Lex4TDI4Life

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf-Ute TDI GLS 5spd Manual
However it works out, thanks for making the effort!

VeeDubTDI said:
I'm still waiting for one jackass to call me back. I've called them twice now... looks like it might be about time to give up. I've pretty much exhausted all of the tint shops in the phone book. There might be one or two more left that I can call.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Yeah, I just wish it was going better. I still have a place or two to try. *fingers crossed*

VeeDubTDI

TDI
blubry2 said:
If I could help out in any way, please let me know.
Do you know a tint guy who wants to come to TDI Fest?

blubry2

TDI
1999 Volkswagen New Beetle 1.9 Turbo Diesel
VeeDubTDI,

I see the sign up sheet you have been updating for Dent and Window Tinting. I'm calling the Window Tint people around Mason, OH this morning.

Where do we stand on the Dent Wizard?