TDIFest OH-8 (2008) coming to Mason, OH

TeDeEye1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SEL TDI Premium
paramedick said:
Screen we need. Projector please for a backup.
Just some addiional info on the projector: It has a built in DVD player but it is not HD.

I will bring both. I will also try to get there the day before to help with setup if needed.

Shikaroka

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat GLX 1Z, 1999.5 Jetta ALH
Right on!
I've been wanting to attend a Fest for years, and now it is finally withing driving distance for me (about 3 hours). I can probably talk the family into this one too!
Thanks guys!!

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
meganuke said:
Did someone say fruit punch? :D
say... more like hollared! yikes! I think MrsChill is a little excited about said beverage. And D - it does include only 1 clear liquid - and it's fizzy. The other ingredients are slightly tinted.... or is it tainted.

Screens and projectors are a bonus. Also, don't forget Microphone and speaker set up - I'm assuming the venue will be able to provide an audio set up, but it's always good to have a portable back up system. came in handy last year.

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Zippy_car said:
say... more like hollared! yikes! I think MrsChill is a little excited about said beverage. And D - it does include only 1 clear liquid - and it's fizzy. The other ingredients are slightly tinted.... or is it tainted.
LoL... you are close, grasshopper...there are two clear liquids, but one is definitely not fizzy...it just causes you to feel fizzy...:eek: :D

meganuke

TDIClub Contributor, Vendor
TDI
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
You can see through two or three of the ingredients, and yes, one is fizzy.

meganuke

TDI
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
When Lai and Julie mount Zippy and Rachel for races down the hall, that's all the Fizz Ed you'll need. :D

meganuke

TDI
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
I'm just waiting for "Zippy Races" to be added to the agenda for the Fest.

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
meganuke said:
When Lai and Julie mount Zippy and Rachel for races down the hall, that's all the Fizz Ed you'll need. :D
I thought you might make reference to us pushing down everyone in our way on the race to the elevator when you announced 'Fruit Punch Time'... I think that qualifies as Fizz Ed, too...:eek:

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
meganuke said:
I'm just waiting for "Zippy Races" to be added to the agenda for the Fest.
I just can picture the "exclusive limited edition T-shirt available only onsite in person at the 2008 Fest for a premium price" emblazoned with the following slogan:

Win One For The Zipper!

:eek: :p :)

ADVNTURR

TDI
2003 Golf GL 2dr
Sweet, something good (besides the soon to be wife) to look forward to when I move to the Cleveland area this Spring. Really looking forward to my first Fest. Guess I better start saving for some tuning time.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
CoolWht said:
I just can picture the "exclusive limited edition T-shirt available only onsite in person at the 2008 Fest for a premium price" emblazoned with the following slogan:

Win One For The Zipper! :eek: :p :)
I guess that's better than: Fastest zipper in the midwest! :eek:

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
When is the hotel info going up? I need to plan my trip. Looks like I'll be stopping at Niagara Falls on the way back.

cosmic

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Silver Arrow
Hot diggety dog!!!! A Fest in my backyard! Finally I will make it to one. :)

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
Is it bad that I just realized that Kentucky was next to Ohio? I looked at Mapquest. :eek:

Wow I need some schoolin'!

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Zippy_car said:
Win One For The Zipper!
I guess that's better than: Fastest zipper in the midwest!
That just sounds so dirty!
I came up with the "Win One For The Zipper" as a spoof of the famous 'Gipper' remark. Came easy to me as I'm only a few miles from the Golden Dome of Notre Dame. No disrepect or hidden meanings were intended. Blame Bruce for the dirty thinking after that! :eek:

meganuke

TDI
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
If this were posted in the East Coast forum, far worse things would have been said. And appreciated. :D

darkscout

Grammar Scout
TDI
2003 Golf
There will be an informal meeting on the Thursday before at the Neon Cactus for all those 'youngins' and all those that can try to keepup. West Lafayette is about 10 miles from 65. Plenty of hotels close by. It's been a while since I've been back and it will be a while since I've been back on that Thursday night.

I guarantee you won't be disappointed if you like Piano Bars.... or college towns...

If you have never been to a piano bar, It's like live Karaoke where no one cares how bad you are. If you have been to a Piano Bar, this one rocks.

Anyone west of OH or anyone that wants to come a day early or anyone east that wants to come for a good time... 3 hours from fest at 40 MPG. 5 hours from 50 MPG fest :).

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
SnowCub said:
Is it bad that I just realized that Kentucky was next to Ohio? I looked at Mapquest. :eek:

Wow I need some schoolin'!
Nah. There's really no reason to know.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
and baseball team,
and basketball team,
Heck, even the local hockey team is climbing back up to no-longer-perpetually-losing status.