Number attending at 2008 FEST?

bikeprof

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 Variant white, 1996 Town & Country 3.8 LXI
Could someone tell me the number of attending persons for the 2008 FEST,
and hopefully the number at other FESTS...?

I would like to have it the number to help me(our group) organize and manage the 2009 FEST(if it happens) here in the ROCKIES.

John

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Honestly, that's pretty pathetic considering the size of the club and as gung-ho as some of the members are. The BMW bike club has the same number of active members and close to 5000!!!!! turned out for the rally this year and it was in BFE Gillette, WY! The year before was here in WI and there was 6000!!!!!

goTDIcandy

Veteran Member
TDI
white 05 Golf
It's a tough year financially; the money for fuel, flights, hotel, entertainment might have been spent on food, mortgage, fuel, insurance, etc!

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
You know, I don't buy it. Some people sure, some areas more than other you bet. But as a whole most people are just fine despite what the media would have you believe. It's not all doom and gloom. Maybe if more people took responsibility for their actions and spending they wouldn't be having issues. The mortgage thing? Well.....if you were dumb enough to get yourself in that bind.....NOBODY to blame but yourself.

That said, it was pretty expensive to stay there for the weekend but being so close to the east, 10 hours drive which is LESS than a tank of fuel to come for one day isn't that big of a stretch.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
t shirts

just wondering if anyone had held onto my t shirts from signing up early. son and i could not make it but i was hoping i could send some money to get them mailed to us.

thanks
bruce

CoJoNEs

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf; 2015 Golf
we went through most of the Tshirts but I have a few leftovers. I need to check what sizes I have left, I think there is one Med and a few 2XL. I will check tonight and get back with you (and anyone else interested in TDIFest OH8 Tshirts let me know)

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
paid for 2

i had paid for two with my early registration, if becuase we could not make it up to the fest we lost them i understand. i was just hoping you had held them for us and could mail them to us, with a payment for shipping.

CoJoNEs

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf; 2015 Golf
If they were paid for I thought we contacted everyone and arranged for shipping. I wasn't the one who followed up on the pre-orders that didn't show but I will find out. If you send me a PM with your payment details I will find out what happened to yours.

RichC

Veteran Member
TDI
Others: 82 MB 300D Turbodiesel & 2010 BMW X5 35D
Missed you at the TDIFest OH8

coolbreeze said:
i had paid for two with my early registration, if becuase we could not make it up to the fest we lost them i understand. i was just hoping you had held them for us and could mail them to us, with a payment for shipping.
I did my best to contact and send shirts and badges to everyone that didn't attend, but were paid up. I recall your name, but might have missed your reply? Nevertheless, your package is sitting on my workshop table with the two shirts (well worn :p -- kidding) and some goodies that were in the welcome bag. Send me your mailing info off-forum and I'll drop it in the mail Friday (10/3/2008).

richc [[[at]]] cincitdi.com

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
got them

RichC said:
I did my best to contact and send shirts and badges to everyone that didn't attend, but were paid up. I recall your name, but might have missed your reply? Nevertheless, your package is sitting on my workshop table with the two shirts (well worn :p -- kidding) and some goodies that were in the welcome bag. Send me your mailing info off-forum and I'll drop it in the mail Friday (10/3/2008).

richc [[[at]]] cincitdi.com
rich, thanks for saving our t shirts and sending them out. they look great. i will wear mine with pride.

bruce

RichC

Veteran Member
TDI
Others: 82 MB 300D Turbodiesel & 2010 BMW X5 35D
coolbreeze said:
rich, thanks for saving our t shirts and sending them out. they look great. i will wear mine with pride.

bruce
You're welcome Bruce.

BTW ... I'm also sitting on the last three that I'd like to be able to ship to and clear my workbench (do you know these guys directly?):
  1. legallyhip
  2. mishkaya
  3. oxkpaha