Thank You

BRUSSELS BELGIAN

Old Whig
TDI
1997 Passat TDI
I do not want to sound sentimental or preachy in this thread. However, I needed to write this. Since returning from Iraq, I have become far more grateful for the simple pleasures in life...the good things that all of us either overlook or take for granted. So, I want to thank you for all the "moments" at the Fest this year: the old faces; the new faces; the folks that patiently listened to my "Pontificating" on various subjects; the Passat Table on banquet night; and the hopeful promises that we will all see each other again-sooner and not later. We often keep waiting for something "big" to happen in our lives, only to realize later that the simple things WERE the big things, and that we did not treasure them enough...:)

BRUSSELS BELGIAN

Old Whig
TDI
1997 Passat TDI
Well, I DID get "screwed!"

Well, I didn't get laid at the Fest, but I did get "effed." That yellow fluid leaking from the front of my Passat was from my (now 'kaputt") air conditioning system! :( :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

Route 66

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 VW
I have been to other TDI fests and this year's was great. It was interesting to listen to you talk about Iraq, Jack! I hope to hear more the next time we meet. I really enjoyed sitting with you and Jonathan at the banquet table. What a great sense of humor.
Big thumbs up!
Dave

BRUSSELS BELGIAN

Old Whig
TDI
1997 Passat TDI
Hope to Make the Rounds

Yes: Until next May, I'll only have to do one weekend a month with the National Guard. So, I hope to get to a lot of weekend GTG's in the next year in the New England to Virginia corridor.

BRUSSELS BELGIAN

Old Whig
TDI
1997 Passat TDI
Several Projects

Haiku TDI said:
Jack, it is always wonderful to spend time with you and talk. We will have to think about hyper-mile trips for next year.
I've got at least three projects: 1000 mile tank from a B5 Passat; 1000 mile tank from a 99 MB E300 turbodiesel; and finally, my favorite, have Audi hand over all their new diesels for US to do the nationwide fuel economy tour...we'll do better!:)