Breakfast buffet and banquet

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Folks, this is your final notice if you wish to partake of the breakfast buffet and the banquet. We'll close the option to purchase at 0900 tomorrow morning.

Breakfast buffet is a pretty typical menu, with items added on for kids.

Banquet buffet menu is as follows:

Breast of chicken w/ poulette sauce
pasta primavara
Sliced rib eye w/ horse radish

Green salad with multiple dressing options
Caesar Salad
Sliced fresh fruit

Seasonal vegetables
Oven roasted red skin potatoes

Turtle cheesecake
New York style cheesecake

Hot teas, iced tea, soft drinks.

THM3362

TDI
Passat 2005 Dark Blue
Post Fest Comments

Bruce:

I don't know if this is the right place to post after thoughts of the TDIFEST-OH08. I enjoyed the get together of TDI enthusiats with the exception of numerous insect bites.

I feel that the bidding of donated products could have been better if all the bidders were made aware if the products and its compatibility with there vehicle platform were more precise. Many products were for A3's and A4's platforms, but for those owning b5's and b5.5 basically were unsured if they should bid on something that they may be unable to use.

I did not realize that many prominent mechanics, Oilhammer, Mogolf, JasonTDI, Chris Hill, yourself, etc. would be at this year's fest. I would distinguish there presence with a color coded name tags, which would allow them access to restricted areas ( Jeff's Chip area ). Since most crimes are observed by people not realizing that a crime had been commited, a color coded name tag may have prevented this.

I hope you take these comments or past it along to the next organizers. I know there isn't going to be enough thank yous for you to make you want it do it again too soon.

Thanks.

Tom

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Thanks for the comments. Just FYI, items were labeled for the chassis they were intended for. The B5.5s use some of the same items, but it takes someone who knows to differentiate it. I don't see enough PD Passats to do this.

As for the nametags, interesting idea. I do know that most of the wrenchers are there to have fun. However, we don't mind answering questions. Limiting access to certain vendor areas, hmmmm. I'll have to think about that. Gurus/experienced TDIers tend to congregate in the RC area.

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
THM3362 said:
...allow them access to restricted areas ( Jeff's Chip area )...
As far as I know, the only area that Jeff restricts is entry into the trailer(s)...the chairs out front are usually fair game (especially if you are waiting for a chip!)

Lex4TDI4Life

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf-Ute TDI GLS 5spd Manual
And the shade it provided was greatly appreciated by this freshly chipped individual :)

Hamsterdiesel said:
As far as I know, the only area that Jeff restricts is entry into the trailer(s)...the chairs out front are usually fair game (especially if you are waiting for a chip!)

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
THM3362 said:
but for those owning b5's and b5.5 basically were unsured if they should bid on something that they may be unable to use.
Tom
Caveat Emptor.
The A4 column mount gauge pod claimed to be compatible with the B5 turns out to not be.:(

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
lol....there were 4 or 5 of us in there at one point!