Farewell and Thanks to All !

WolfgangVW

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI - Manual
DEZLBOY thanks for the nice farewell post and congrats and best of luck with the new ride!! I as well have appreciated all the knowledge and help i have gotten from this forum, and kudos to you to take the time and acknowledge that and thank everyone! All the best!

DEZLBOY

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS, Candy White
Bought wife a new Crosstrek, too. Nice cars, but I'll hang on to my 05 BEW Jetta Wagon as long as I can. Still looks pretty darned good after 12 years in the northeast, only has 132K on it. (Kept my '72 Blazer for over 30 yrs/240K....)
Best of luck with the Crosstrek.....and with the Jetta!

DEZLBOY

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS, Candy White
I made the mistake of test driving some new cars the last couple weeks. A 2015 wrx STI, 2018 WRX with the cvt and a 2016 and 2018 Golf R.

Quite the difference in handling, braking and acceleration even with the mods of my 2k Jetta.
I went back to driving the Jetta and thought my brakes were failing and suspension was shot. :D
I have some thinking to do for sure...
HA! I admit, I was surprised how "tighter" (?) a new car drove. As the 2000 Golf was my any car can't say I had much experience (except for rentals...but that was years ago). Even with keeping all the mechanicals up to date...

caideN

TDI
02 Jetta Wagon TDI
HA! I admit, I was surprised how "tighter" (?) a new car drove. As the 2000 Golf was my any car can't say I had much experience (except for rentals...but that was years ago). Even with keeping all the mechanicals up to date...
My wife has a 2017 GTI manual. I prefer driving my 02 Wagon TDI for every day driving. However, there's no comparison when it comes to twisties, I'd take the GTI.