FS: 1996 Passat B4V

idleofwight

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat Wagon
Hi Guys,

I am doing this reluctantly, but I have to sell my 1996 Passat B4V. It has 260k on it. She is a black, 5 speed, early model version. All of the windows work except the sunroof. She has passed Oregon DEQ. The previous owner ruined the front end, so over the years I have been putting it back to original. Their has been regular maint. on the engine. Just had the timing belt changed last summer and have put less than 10k on it since. Along with the Timing belt, the water pump was replaced as well.

In 2013 I had the fuel pump rebuilt and replaced all of the glow plugs.

The clutch was replaced early spring 2018. I have all of the service records, including the original window sticker from the dealer.

I have the original stereo. Over the years I have collected oils, tools and parts. These will all be included.

I am asking $6500.00 It will require some TLC but she is in a good running condition.

More photos of interior to come. If you have any questions please dm me.

cordially,
Stephen

Last edited:

0die

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat wagon B4V
crap...looking to let mine go too, in favor of a 4x4 wagon/small suv...

it took a long time to find mine...now seems can't give them away?????

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 B4 Passat, 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Is this still available? How much further together is the front end?

Have any interior photos yet? Better photos of the body in brighter conditions?

Any body corrosion?

idleofwight

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat Wagon
Is this still available? How much further together is the front end?

Have any interior photos yet? Better photos of the body in brighter conditions?

Any body corrosion?

Yes there is some rust in the door panels, and front fenders. It spent a few good years in the Midwest.

I’ll post some better photos soon.

As for the front end. I am looking for this piece called the nose panel and it should be completed. It is a troublesome piece to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idleofwight

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat Wagon
Bump.

I really need to sell this. I’ll accept a decent offer. I have to get rid of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jackbear

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 1996, Charcoal
Hi. Sorry to hear you have troubles selling your B4.

Me too.
Mine is 240K miles with the engine having 50K miles. Runs well and everything works but mine looks ratty with the blistering clear coat, old rust spots from it early days back east, and leather seats starting to crack. Needs front end align and refirbushed suspension all around.

Tried to sell it locally with no real offers. If I could find a white B4V with solid suspension I would swap engines and then scrap my gray B4V for $1250.

No one wants cars that you can't get quality/affordable parts for any longer.

I would of considered yours had it been white.

There may be a way for you to get $1000+ for the car. Oregon may have its own money for old polluter car programs like we have in Calif.

Found out that the CA air quality board pays $1500 to have you scrap your 1996 or older car but that Calif Air Quality program does not apply to the 95-97 TDI's that do not require smogging in CA.

But the santa clara county and san jose city also have a similiar program that does accept diesels and the city of san jose also pays you to take your old car and in combination adds up to !250.00 if I drive the car to the local approved wrecker and prove my ownership via last 3 years of car registration slips.

WIth you living in OR I suspect you may have similiar govt programs.
Check it out with your state programs and/or local county and city. Its more than what a wrecking yard will give you.

Good luck

MarsBar

Veteran Member
TDI
B4V#2 "Flash", 2000 Jetta GL, B4V#1 "PaTuDI" (2008-2018 RIP)
The market's definitely soft compared to last summer. It's a clean car, lowish miles, not really needing anything serious, just cosmetic. Would you consider trading straight across for a 2000 Jetta TDI?

idleofwight

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat Wagon
The market's definitely soft compared to last summer. It's a clean car, lowish miles, not really needing anything serious, just cosmetic. Would you consider trading straight across for a 2000 Jetta TDI?
Is that with the pump deuce? I’m trying to sell it so I can become a Franciscan. Otherwise I would strongly consider it.

MarsBar

Veteran Member
TDI
Pretty sure the 2000 is a PD, I know the engine's the ALH. Bit over 200K miles on it, headliner's sagging (doesn't bother me, I'm short, lol) and needs heater core (not a big deal in San Jose). Otherwise, in awesome shape. Just not as easy to get in/out of anymore like the B4V is.

MarsBar

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks! Never actually knew, just which engine it has in it.