TDi conversion into boat

Martin Hellström

TDI
A2
Hi,
I want to convert a 1,9TDi, will start with a 90 or 110hp engine(cheap and easy to find), for use in a boat.
All the mech around this conversion is no problem, but I need some help with the electronics.
I will purchase a whole car with running engine and use the harness, but I want to use as few sensors as possible(as the engine will be used in temp between 15-25 ´C), and on water level(fun!)
Can someone please guide me in what do i need to pick from the car and how to connect it to get this engine to run, and give the stated torque and horsepower?
All help is appreciated

Ski in NC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta ALH 5sp stock
No expert on the wiring, but for the tdi to thrive, it needs the ecu and all the engine sensors. Also the gauge cluster unless ecu is "tuned" to eliminate the immobilizer.

If a ve pump engine, a mechanical pump can be modified and used, then no electronics at all. But vnt turbo won't work then and that is a nice turbo due to its wide range of operation.

You will also need a water to air intercooler. These are common on marine diesels (my line of work) but sourcing a small one may be difficult. Also a water to coolant heat exchanger, but those are available as industrial standard parts and can be mounted off engine.