Potential burnout issues?

Drunkaroos

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI (300K!)
So maybe a few times a week I go to a gravel road beside my house to do burnouts. ESP off, handbrake on, dumping the clutch at around 3-4k rpm.
This shouldn't really pose a risk to anything but my tires, right? I just don't want to mess anything up drivetrain-wise, although I was gonna replace the clutch/flywheel anyways.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Broken motor/transmission mounts and an ABS DTC (code) that will have to be reset.

crazyrunner33

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf(bought back)
Good point. so we could add broken CV joints to the list then?
Possibly, but more than likely they'll weaken and form issues later on that'll result in people believing it was nothing related to the burnout. Just like how people in the diesel truck game will complain about a transmission input shaft breaking randomly when it was already weakened by a few 20-40 psi boost launches. That'll probably be the case for the user on here who's going to attempt to sled pull with their SUV.

bl00tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I'd be much more concerned about the diff rivets shearing off and wrecking the entire trans.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
I'd be much more concerned about the diff rivets shearing off and wrecking the entire trans.
Oh come on. It would only completely destroy the transmission a little bit if the ring gear rivets sheared. The drain plugs and transmission mounting bolts would be reusable wouldn't they? :D

Last edited:

Mattyoctavia

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk5 golf TDI DSG.
Destroyed engine mounts, drive shafts and cv joints, diff, clutch& flywheel, hubs ( seen the splines been torn out before) broken gearbox input shafts. Then there’s the damage to your wallet! Probably best to find a new hobby!

Drunkaroos

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI (300K!)
Destroyed engine mounts, drive shafts and cv joints, diff, clutch& flywheel, hubs ( seen the splines been torn out before) broken gearbox input shafts. Then there’s the damage to your wallet! Probably best to find a new hobby!
Jesus H. I didn't think there was that much of a risk, thanks for the input.
Lets just say I'll stick to highway pulls from now on.