suggestions for replacement wiper blades?

jmonste141

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI S 6MT; 2009 Jetta TDI DSG
I saw some on rockauto.com. I think they should fit but I haven't purchased any replacements yet.

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased
See if rain-x has something. They offer blades that also apply a water repellant as you use it. They can be quite pricey, though

Sent from my iPhone. There may be horrible grammar and misspelling involved

TurnOne

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL TDI 6MT
I just paid $53 from my Goodwill card for new wipers installed on the front only. Seems pricey as I can buy Bosch high end ones from about 15-20 for all my other cars. Not sure why the mounting on VW's is different than everything else I own which all have the J shape hook. Including a Mercedes/Freightliner Sprinter van.

Just rambling as I don't have a solution. The OEM's do work well.

wrc777

TDI
2014 Jetta TSI
See if rain-x has something. They offer blades that also apply a water repellant as you use it. They can be quite pricey, though

Sent from my iPhone. There may be horrible grammar and misspelling involved
I have some Rain-X beam blades on our Expedition. They are not very good. They have trouble wiping on the hwy and don't seem to conform to the window shape very well. I doubt they fit the weird size VW wiper arm either. The Bosch blades I had previously on the Expedition were better even after a year than new RainX blades.

I think the OEM blades are Valeo and you can get them cheaper than $50 a set on ebay.

gnuworldorder

TDI
2015 Golf TDI
I have some Rain-X beam blades on our Expedition. They are not very good. They have trouble wiping on the hwy and don't seem to conform to the window shape very well. I doubt they fit the weird size VW wiper arm either. The Bosch blades I had previously on the Expedition were better even after a year than new RainX blades.

I think the OEM blades are Valeo and you can get them cheaper than $50 a set on ebay.
ive been using rain-x latitudes on my cars for a long time. the only problem they have is when they get salty they streak

CHDriver

TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI
I bought Bosch Icon blades. They fit and work well. Got hem from Pep Boys. Ordered on-line for in-store pick-up and saved 25%!

brownnugen

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI, 2011 JSW TDI & 2018 Atlas 2.0T S
So, not all replacement blades will work for a GSW? My original ones are starting to leave a streak and was thinking of just picking up some Goodyear ones from my local Costco (assuming they have the right size).

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Theyre great. I have them on my MK7 and Ive used them in the past on my MK5. No issues at all. Snow or ice or rain they fair well.

DieselMann99

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI w/ Premium, DSG (Buyback Nov 2018); 2013 Jetta TDI (bought Dec 2018); also, bought a CPO 2017 Passat TSI (Nov 2018)
So, not all replacement blades will work for a GSW? My original ones are starting to leave a streak and was thinking of just picking up some Goodyear ones from my local Costco (assuming they have the right size).
Don't know specifically about the GSW, but you can't go just by size. The bracket and fittings have to be correct. VW seems to not be compatible with a lot of the aftermarket blades. Only a few will work.

I got the Bosch Icon Clearmax 365 for my Jetta. Just to give you an illustration of the limited compatibility, the regular Bosch Icon didn't work, I had to get the Clearmax 365 model.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
I went with Anco blades from Amazon on the GSW a couple months back:
26"
18"
Less than $25 for the pair of them.
Given we live in the PNW (read: lots and lots o' rain, plus a smattering of sleet, slush, and snow), wipers matter - and these have been excellent thus far.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I've never had an issue with the front blade replacements for either the JSW or Golf from Autozone. For a while, you could only get the rear blades from the VW dealer. I tried the Goodyears at Costco but didn't like the overall performance. I'm in the airport flight path so have to replace the blades every year or sooner. Diesel particulates plays havoc with the rubber blades.

Jedadiah

Veteran Member
TDI
Former: '15 Passat TDI SE 6M, '15 Golf S 6M and '10 JSW
Bosch blades are also available from idparts, a vendor which supports this FREE website. ECS does not. Just my 2¢...
I had attached the Bosch blades at ecs to some other order of parts that ID doesn’t carry. They were the same price as the Valeo wipers. I prefer ID for anything that both carry, especially since they sponsor this site.

sportwagen3

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SE
Is the wiper blade size 26/18 or 24/19? Also, what's the rear wiper blade size?

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
IIRC, 26/18 and 11" on the rear.

AMZN often provides helpful information in the "often purchased along with this item" section. :D

Last edited:

nathanso

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI S 6M (sold)
Anyone have any luck getting the latest Costco windshield wiper offering, the Michelin Guardian Premium All-Season windshield wipers, to work on a 2015 GSW? Michelin's website says they're supposed to fit but I was unable to get it to work. These are excellent blades, btw, as evidenced on two of our other cars (far better than last year's Goodyear ww blades).

dobeonguard

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta TDi
I just replaced my wiper blades and cabin air filter. I think the dealer overlooked these items. Yea, car only had 9,000 miles but it had sat for how many years. I bought them from idParts. Good to be buying from them again.