San Diego, CA > Chicago, IL > San Diego, CA

safetywork

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
Hello Everyone,

Some of you may remember my post several weeks back requesting information and tips for my upcoming trip from San Diego, CA to Chicago, IL. Well, I've made the trip and am now back in San Diego. My trip was for business so there aren't many photos.

I drove through 13 states, a total of 5,274 miles, fueled up with 123.3 gallons of diesel, and averaged 42.8 miles per gallon. During the trip, the Jetta traveled through mild weather, severe thunderstorm, torrential rain, and light snow; my 2011 Jetta JSW performed flawlessly carrying 500lbs of equipment and me. The highest mpg per tank of fuel was 47mpg and change!

To say that I'm delighted with the way my Jetta has performed is an understatement. I'm saving a ton of money on fuel and not missing out on performance. We purchased the car for hauling exhibit equipment from place to place as well as serve as my daily beater and delivery "truck". Starting a small business is tough but with tools like the Jetta, it'll certainly go a long way towards saving me some money.

We're driving the Jetta quit a lot! We purchased the Jetta in May, it just recently went into the dealer for it's 20,000 mile service. And I'm happy to report, no issues. I believe this Jetta will see 50,000 miles when it reaches it's first birthday next May!

safetywork

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
ChiTDi,

The mpg's on my JSW has already improved quit a bit. It started out at 38mpg for my commute to the office...... it's now registering 45mpg. It did a 51mpg once. Very impressed with the mpg and torque. I'm also seeing quit a few TDi's on my commute. Just my street alone, there are now 3 other TDi's besides my own. Word gets around when neighbors ask me about my mpg. VW should pay me some commission for those sales! :D