TDI Tuning Box, Worth it?

saganian1

TDI
2015 MK7 Golf TDI 6MT 5D
Hi everyone.

I was wondering if anyone here has a tuning box installed on their vehicle.

I recently found this company in the UK selling these so called tuning box and it claims a considerable amount of gains in horsepower, torque and fuel economy.

Link:
https://tdi-tuning.com/car/volkswag...bft/crtd4-twin-channel-diesel-tuning-box-chip

This box sells for more than 500 USD, what do you think? Is it worth it?
Anyone has experience with this particular box?

It appeals to me because it is plug and play, it can always ben unplugged without leaving any trace.

Just wanna see if anyone here got this box, or other similar device plugged into the car.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
someone got one here, he was happy with it, people ripped him apart for enjoying something he paid money for that was inferior to a tune, forget the thread, it was good times.

I think the take away is that you will get more power, but don't take the gains they claim as gospel. Also and the Euro TDI engines have some in common with the north american market, they are close enough for them to work.

crazyrunner33

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf(bought back)
OP, you'll have to ask yourself if the tuning box is worth it, only you can answer that. For me, I am not a fan of a third party computer modifying signals for the main computer designed to control such a complex machine. There are many different maps that the ECU will run based on certain conditions, and many components that the ECU is monitoring and trying to protect. If it's worth trusting a device to fool such a computer, go for it.

Midwesthick

Veteran Member
TDI
A3, GSW, 02-Golf
I wouldnt say its worth it in my opinion. I have had great success with my Kerma ECU/DSG combo for a few hundred $$ more.

travis45

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Sportwagen, 96 Passat TDI Sedan
For that price you may as well stage 2 Malone for $550. You'll be happy. If your worried about switching back to stock, you could get a flashzilla and switch back and forth to your stock tune as much as you want. That would run you another $180.

Midwesthick

Veteran Member
TDI
A3, GSW, 02-Golf
For that price you may as well stage 2 Malone for $550. You'll be happy. If your worried about switching back to stock, you could get a flashzilla and switch back and forth to your stock tune as much as you want. That would run you another $180.
+1 here.

Malone or Kerma tunes will be around the same price and their flashzilla or Q-loader will allow a return to stock if needed for warranty issues.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,

Where is a Malone tune only $550 with flashzilla for the 150HP 2.0 CRD??

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
...you could get a flashzilla and switch back and forth to your stock tune as much as you want. That would run you another $180.
Or you can send in your ECU, most of us can tune you that way too... :)