Launch Control???

TDI
none
Does either the JSW or Golf TDI have launch control? If not, are there any DSG programs that could enable launch control?

Last edited:

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Shark Blue TDI said:
Does either the JSW or Golf TDI have launch control? If not, are there any DSG programs that could enable launch control?
How much is this worth to you? There is a company who sells an upgrade re-flash for the DSG controller. This will upgrade the torque capacity and give you launch control (so they say). I am in no way connected to this company - so this is not an endorsement, just info. Click below for more info:

http://www.hpamotorsports.com/dsg-stages.htm

Have Fun!

Don

otm646

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 AHU Jetta.
tomo366 said:
Nope. This is not a race car...........
Everything is or will be a race car.

That page was written with the 2.0T guys in mind. VW vortex may yield information on their tunes.

Their fabrication work looks top notch. Look for the HPA twin turbo Vr6 RSI Beetle they built.

BeauTDI

TDI
2010 JSW TDI
Shark Blue TDI said:
Well... my owner's manual describes that it does. Something like: Turn the ESP off... apply left foot to brake, apply right foot to accelerator until reaching 3,000 rpms... then release brake!

Haven't tried it... is that what you're asking about?!

elcaminokid

TDI
2010 JSW
Yeah I picked up my 2010 JSW Tuesday night, after reading through the manual I got pretty excited to have launch control, tried to get it to work but had no luck, I didn't intend on revving it up all the way to 3k and dumping it as I am still in break in mode. I have read that it needs to be floored inorder to activate, but I have also heard its only in GTI or GLIs or whatever. I'm going to ask the service manager if he can turn it on for me.
Not expecting much from them, but he seemed pretty helpful about a few small issues I have had.

fleuger99

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
I had launch control in my 2008 R32. One didn't have to rev it upto 3K RPM. In the R32 one simply puts it into Sport Mode at stand still and then just floor it and you'd feel this amazing surge as it got going. Keep in mind the R32 also has AWD so it was able to get the power down onto the road better and there was never any wheels spin during this excercise.

Pelican18TQA4

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Hybrid
On the 2.0T cars (and the '08 R32), launch control is activated by turning ESP off, putting the gear selector in either Tiptronic or Sport modes, putting your left foot on the brake and then applying full throttle with your right foot. The engine will hold the RPM at 3000 RPM (I think this is what 2.0T cars launch at; I think the R32 was actually slightly lower...or maybe it was higher...I can't remember, but I do know that they launch at different speeds). Side-step the brake and you're off! The TDI cars do not have launch control in North America.