Rear door puddle lights MIA?

ratkc135

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI, 2015 Passat
I just picked up a ‘15 SEL. I noticed no rear door puddle lights. Pulled the lens off and this explains why no lights:

I thought the SEL had all options...why would the light assemblies not be there? Did they remove them for my model year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VeeDubFamily

TDI
2013 NMS Passat TDI SEL
They’ve never existed in the NMS Passat platform. They have to be added. There’s a thread on TDI club that shows exactly what wires to tap into to enable this feature. [emoji106]

ratkc135

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI, 2015 Passat
They’ve never existed in the NMS Passat platform. They have to be added. There’s a thread on TDI club that shows exactly what wires to tap into to enable this feature. [emoji106]

Mmm. Strange they put them in front doors but not the rears. I’ll dig into what it takes to add them just out of curiosity.

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
A friend of mine has a ‘12 se 2.5 manual passat, his has rear door lights. My ‘14 sel Premium tdi does not.

jck66

Top Post Dawg
TDI
12 Passat SE / 14 BMW 535d
IIRC the '12 models had them and then in '13 they were de-contented out. There were several changes like this between model years. For example, my '12 SE has both puddle lights and climatronic, but no rear vents (MY '13 feature).

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Yes, they were there on 12's.

FWIW, adding them is a real pain. They are driven by the module in the front door, so both door harnesses, and the body harness are different.

Thanks,

-J