Used 2015 Passat

Jayro

TDI
'09 Jetta VW bought it back
I saw a used 2015 Passat for sale recently. I'm assuming this car required emissions upgrade. How can I tell if they were done? There's no indication on the Carfax.

Thanks

Rjamesohio

TDI
2015 Golf TDI
I believe the updates required stickers to be placed under hood once they were completed. But there is also a web site from VW where you can input the VIN and receive that information. Don’t have it handy but you could likely find it with Google.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
dealer is best for verifying phase 2 has been performed, VW website was mainly for cash payments.

Also if you can get the car on lift, it'd be real easy to see that pipe cut in with the second O2 sensor.

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
Call a dealer with the vin, ask if it has open recalls. It takes time for paperwork to process through vw and carfax.

joshuafail

TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium
I believe the updates required stickers to be placed under hood once they were completed.

+1.

Open the hood, look for the emissions stickers. They're silver, about 3x4", and on the hood itself, mine are near the windshield. One for each phase for 2015s EA288 engine.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
cool, then you just need to get phase 2, new exhaust and warrenty

contenderv07

TDI
none
cool, then you just need to get phase 2, new exhaust and warrenty
I'm looking at a 2015 to purchase as well and it has PARTIAL on that website. So once I purchase the car (from a chevy dealership), take it to a VW place and they will replace the exhaust and add the warranty??

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
There should be emissions warranty papers with the car. It's eligible for the Phase II emissions warranty after a certain amount of time and miles. You can have it done when the car's eligible. It may not be now. You can get a copy of the warranty terms at a VW dealer, or it's probably on line here somewhere. Most TDIs haven't had the Phase II fix yet because they don't have enough miles on them, so the car showing a partial fix is normal.

contenderv07

TDI
none
There should be emissions warranty papers with the car. It's eligible for the Phase II emissions warranty after a certain amount of time and miles. You can have it done when the car's eligible. It may not be now. You can get a copy of the warranty terms at a VW dealer, or it's probably on line here somewhere. Most TDIs haven't had the Phase II fix yet because they don't have enough miles on them, so the car showing a partial fix is normal.
perfect thank you!!

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
i just passed 65k on phase 1 and running mobile 1 esp 15w40.... why not right ;)

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
why you running multi weight oil? everyone knows should be straight 30W so it lasts 1,000,000 miles.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
oops, 5w40, deff not 15w... that wouldn't be a happy top end on a 0f morning. after the car gets new a dpf on phase 2, then I will switch back down to 507 oil.

Last edited: