Drivbiwire clone in Minneapolis?

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
I need to do some observation of work on my TDI before I will feel real comfortable tearing into it. What would do this is a Drivbiwire clone in Minneapolis. Any suggestions?

Oh, with 52500 on the engine, and no service records from previous owner, I am thinking the timing belt needs to be examined for sure and who knows what else.

I am a long term gearhead who is intimidated by the techy TDI. Oh, I am going to do the brakes on the car as they do not intimidate me.

Drivbiwire

Zehntes Jahr der Veteran
TDI
2013 Passat TDI, Newmar Ventana 8.3L ISC 3945, 2016 E250 BT, 2000 Jetta TDI
My house is like a TDI Disney land, Hotels, Timing belts, Intake cleanings, compression tests and spontanious GTG's...

LEt me know if you need any help.

DB

DeafBug

Gone but Never Forgotten: Requiescat In Pace
TDI
2001 NB
That is one reason why I went to Golf Girls GTG as there is no TDI techy here. I do want to learn and all.

I did a lot mechanic stuff on my Firebirds and other gassers. With TDI, it is different. Need to learn all the new stuff.

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
Hey Curious,

No need to be intimidated by this car - just get the manual and dive in. If you are familiar with wrenches, bolts, and torque wrenches, then you'll do fine.

GANZGUT

Veteran Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Drivbiwire:
My house is like a TDI Disney land, Hotels, Timing belts, Intake cleanings, compression tests. . .
DB
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Restaurants! Tell us about the restaurants!