Mityvac fluid extractor & brake bleed kit?

Smaug

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with DSG and Sunroof
Hello everyone,
I have a Mityvac fluid extractor I use for oil changes and Mityvac sells a Brake bleed kit.
Has anyone used the Mityvac Brake Bleed Conversion kit to change their brake fluid? It's about $25 and attaches to the brake bleeder fittings themselves to suction the brake fluid.
Thanks,
Smaug

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Don't waste your money. They don't work good that direction. Just get some silcone tubing to connect your vac to the nipple. Give it a pump or two and go press the brake pedal. WAY faster and you can do something else with the $25.

Drivbiwire

Zehntes Jahr der Veteran
TDI
2013 Passat TDI, Newmar Ventana 8.3L ISC 3945, 2016 E250 BT, 2000 Jetta TDI
NEW ITEM! BLACK LABEL EUROPEAN POWER BLEEDER. Features Custom-machined aluminum cap and deluxe swivel fitting. Comes with an extra length of high grade poly urethane tubing that won't cloud or crack with exposure to brake fluid. Works on most European cars, including Alfa Romeo, Audi, BMW, Fiat, Mercedes, Peugeot, Porsche, Renault, SAAB, Volkswagen, Volvo, and all other cars with 45mm threaded hydraulic fluid reservoir caps All bleeders come with a full 1 year warranty. Application Guide. (Model 0109)
Qty: Price: $69.95

That's my $70.00 worth of advice.

Don't forget to bleed the clutch!

DB

Smaug

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with DSG and Sunroof
Thanks for the ideas. Normally, I have NO problem spending $ for new tools. But, after my last heating oil fill up, I figure I should be a bit more financially conservative... 1 tank fill up = what I paid for the whole season 4 years ago.

I'll try the silicone tube suction method. Thanks!

Bronco648

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle
I used mine this past Summer when I changed my front rotors & pads. I thought it was worth every penny. I even bled my clutch slave cylinder (in addition to all brake lines).