TDIClub Security Breach?

lousyg

TDI
VW
I got a piece of spam yesterday at an email address I use exclusively for accessing TDIClub.com. The message referenced my username. The message itself is one of those extortion bits that claims to have compromising photos of you and demands payment via Bitcoin to prevent release to your friends and family.

The fact that the message correlates my username to my TDIClub-specific email suggests that somebody has gained access (to some degree) to the user information system on this site. I'd imagine there's not a ton of sensitive information here, but it's still concerning nonetheless.

Anyone else notice similar messages? Thoughts on who to contact to investigate so that the breach can be fixed?

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Thanks for the note, currently investigating.

That said always good practice to change passwords periodically and not to share them between sites. If ever in doubt, change the password on the site and not via a email link.

badgator1

TDI
2006.5 Jetta brm DSG, MB diesels and SL's
Scam

I happened to check my spam folder this morning and found this bitcoin extortion scam. It used my username AND email sub address only used here. :eek: