B20 vs Shell, 76, chevron - Direct link to CEL?

basementbrat

TDI
2001 Golf GLS Silver
I have had a few problems and am looking to narrow things down before I take the car in. One of them is my CEL. I had what I am pretty sure was a shot MAF. I replaced it with a pierburg and what a difference. I have to get the battery checked out due to hard starts in all temps.

Through all this I have had intermittant CELs. I noticed that when I use Shell or Unocal or Chevron or Texaco ( city pumps in portland, OR and freeway) the Power is crap, my car is running at 2400 rpm on the freeway (auto) and revv's high to get anywhere. There is a serious lack of power. The transmision slips into a lower gear under any power. When I use B20 and Power Service it calms down and the light goes off after about 5 miles. Power is back and we're OK. I have gone back and forth at several different stations/ companies. 1/4 tank Biodiesel B20 at Tesoro w/o CEL, then 1/4 tank regular diesel with a CEL. Each run with B20 I add powerservice. I'll open it up and clean things out a couple times a day as well. For now I'm sticking with the B20 but since the CEL is off what steps do you suggest I take to remedy this situation. Thanks and thanks, and maybe then some.