xenon beam pattern adjustment

A4tdi110

hi
i live in the uk where we drive on the right. my beam pattern angles up on the left.
on the 'pattern glass' type headlights, it was common practice to blank the certain part of the lens off.
in my handbook, it states to take it to the vag stealer for ajustment. how are they ajusted? as i am due to cross france in a couple of months.
thanks in advance.

Michael Moore

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Phaeton W12, 2015 Golf Highline (gas)
Tony:

VW sells a stick-on lens (flat piece of plastic) that attaches to the exterior of UK spec Halogen headlights, to redirect the light output so that it does not irritate drivers when you are in right hand drive countries.

I don't know if this same part would work on VW's with xenon lights, or if VW has a different part that accomplishes the same effect for xenon lights. In any case, this piece of plastic is listed in the VW electronic parts catalog, on the same page as the headlight lens assembly is found.

The alignment of the lights is done by a computerized beamsetter that is hooked up to the car's internal diagnostic system, this is probably why the VW booklet recommends that the car be taken to the dealer. The beamsetter can be set to align for either RH or LH drive.

Michael

A4tdi110

looks like its in to the dealer to be ajusted then.

i wonder what problem it will come out with, that it didn't have when it went in.